Motivation

Options
I Do Have A Hard Time Staying Motivated Sometimes. Is There Anyone Else Out There Who Also Has A Hard Time. My Worse Time Is In The Evening When I'm Watching Tv. I Also Make Excuses To Not Exercise. I Do Like Walking Thou. Come On Let's Support One Another, And Give Each Other Some Ideas.
Dorie

Replies

• imsosexy
    Options
    I need help being motivated also. Night time is my worst also. Plus I am a emotional eater.
  • loreeb18
    loreeb18 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I have trouble with motivation when I don't have a specific goal to work towards. A few months ago I was doing really well. I was getting up and walking an hour almost every morning before getting ready for work because I wanted to look hot in a bikini when I went with my boyfriend to Hawaii. But then I got strep throat and mono. I couldn't work out for about 6 weeks. I was better by the time I went to Hawaii but now I'm out of practice. I'm trying. Yesterday I came home from work and walked for almost an hour and a half. But then I ate way too much at supper.
  • imsosexy
    Options
    Kathy thanks for that quote. I copied it and will put it somewhere where I can see on a daily basis. Im trying to eat my big meal at lunch time. Then only having a slim fast shake at night (nightime is my biggest temptation). The only time I can find for excerise is at night. So I have been doing 30 min on my treadmill while I watch tv.
  • kathyvdh
    kathyvdh Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Wow, good for you! Going from an 18 to a 12 is quite an accomplishment!
    Good for you too Dorie! 5 & 1/2 pounds is great! Keep it up! I need your motivation.

Well, I made it to Atlanta. Yesterday, I did a lot of walking, so I did't do any official "exercise". When we got off the plane, we could either walk to the baggage claim or take the train. I talked my husband into walking, not knowing that it was from one end of the airport to the other & it is a huge airport! It felt great!

Yesterday, I did OK on food. It is amazing how full you can be just by drinking a lot of water. My big concern is being able to eat small meals often like I do at home won't be possible here. I have the day to myself today, so I am headed out to walk and check out my options. There is a nice fitness center here as well, so I plan on going there for a while.

So far, so good!
  • pagett1969
    pagett1969 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I glad you had a safe trip. I'm sure the weather there is warmer than it is here. My son is in Fort Benning GA. in boot camp right now, he don't care what the weather is though. Good Luck in GA. wish I was there.
  • kathyvdh
    Options
    Actually, it is cold here...woke up to 31 degrees, but I heard it may reach 50 which is much warmer than back in Wisconsin. I have been looking out at the Olympic Park across the street. I plan on walking there this afternoon. It looks beautiful, but so far I haven't ventured outside. I just walked on the treadmill in the fitness center. It isn't even 9am and my husband won't be back from his classes until 5pm. I plan on getting a lot of walking in. I want to work out as much as I can so I don't feel guilty eating out tonight.

I wish your son well. That takes courage. Good luck to you both.
  • hikrynut
    Options
    I do not eat after 7pm. If I am tempted to eat at night it is usually because I am bored. So I go take a shower. You can't eat in the shower. I might also make a phone call to a friend. If I just avoid the impulse for at least ten minutes, the urge usually goes away. I also bought a pair of pants a size smaller than I wear. I try them on once a week and remind myself of my goals. As the inches come off I get closer and closer to my goal. I also don't deprive myself of foods I like one day a week, usually Sunday. I still try to make good choices on Sunday but I may have a treat or two. I also Always remember that it is a great feeling to overcome an obstacle. It is an achievable goal. I had to stop equating "hard" with bad. It is hard to change old patterns and it takes time. You deserve a pat on the back for trying your best. Remember that you deserve your best treatment. Don't give up. I have lost 18lbs since Jan 15th and have a long way to go. I will get there one pound at a time.
  • kathyvdh
    Options
    Hi hikrynut,

Thanks for all your words of advice. You really sound on the right track. 18 pounds is fantastic! Keep it up.
  • pagett1969
    pagett1969 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    dorietwo hang in there I know what your going though. I weigh everyday myself I think sometimes my dissapointment in the AM makes me more motivated for the rest of the day things have been changing very slow for me lately my scale shows body fat % my weight has not went down in a couple days but my % has so maybe it is the same for you. It looks like you are really putting in a good effort so I know the weight will come off. You and kathyvdh keep me going, keep up the good work.
  • tamnel
    tamnel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just an idea if you are bored or emotional eating or craving a sweet. I think it is Quaker that has the bags of rice cakes of different flavors. They are little round ones (not the big ones) & I tried a caramel one last night and they were so awesome. This might help. I think you can eat 6 or 7 for like 60 or 70 calories.
  • rvincoletto
    Options
    Hi...

I quit my job when I moved from other country and I was pregnant that time.
    Now, My baby has 1 year and it has been really hard to find a job after 1 year staying at home.

Worse, I'm anxious to find a job and alone during all day (just with the baby).
    It has been rally frustrating find motivation to get my diet.

I need help.
  • katesgirl_50
    Options
    i am the worst... i eat well all day and scarf late at night? dont know why and really need help in ways i can prevent this?
  • colormesue
    Options
    When at a stop light the other night and the smell of In-N-Out burger engulfed my car and filled it with the smell of burgers and fries... I quickly thought of all my efforts I have put forth to lose the 15lbs I have so far.

Then I think of this saying...

703437o0yst936s8.gif