working out while having a cold

2»

Replies

• astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    If it's above the neck (allergy or slight cold with no coughing and fever, go ahead (at home or outside where you don't have to spread it...) and stop when you feel worse...I find that allergies and sinus actually clears up a little after a run outside...

If it's the flu or a bad chest cold, don't be an idiot - stay home, drink lots of fluids and rest...If you damage your heart by exercising with the flu, you might not live to enjoy exercising for long....
    I woke up on Sunday feeling a little under the weather, did weights and had a GREAT workout...Woke up Monday with the flu - coughing, sneezing, fever, sore body all over etc...Did nothing but a little walking since then, and on Tuesday just walking up the stairs to my bedroom made me feel like I've just finished a marathon...wheezing and out of breath...I love exercise, I might even be a little addicted to it, but there is no way that I will put my body into even more stress...And I would probably fall over and die before I'm out the door! :bigsmile:
    I will attempt weights tomorrow - will save the cardio for when I feel like it...I only have one body......