Missed periods?

Options
13»

Replies

• LilEmm
    LilEmm Posts: 240
    Options
    If you're not eating enough fat you won't have a period. If your'e working out a lot and not including good fats in your diet, that'll negatively affect your body.

To the woman above me who's having irregular periods - stress maybe? Your body's response to exercise? Would a month of low impact yoga help? I hope it all works out for the best :)
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    If your body fat percentage has gotten too low, it can cause your cycle to be all jacked up. Not a problem I'll likely ever suffer from, but I've heard... LOL
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Pregnancy is the number 1 cause for missed periods.

Mind = blown .:noway:

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! I DON'T BELIEVE IT! :laugh:
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Your diary actually looks good on this point. I see from your profile that pregnancy is not real likely at this point either. It may be related to over-exercise (I did not have access to those records when I looked.. or did not see them)... Also, it could be a totally unrelated medical condition; for this reason, if this persists, I highly recommend seeing your OB/GYN (or even family dr.) for a check up to see what could be going on. This is nothing to play with; best wishes on your journey.
  • DaniKenmir
    DaniKenmir Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm no what you'd call 'regular' I can get them 2 weeks apart or 8 months, doc says I'm fine, just weird.
  • katiejadex
    katiejadex Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I haven't really had my period for about 18 months now. I've had the occasional spotting. When speaking to my doctor about it she advised me it was from excessive dieting but didn't seem too concerned. I bring it up each time I go see her but she still doesn't seem to think it's anything to worry about.
  • Jessie324
    Options
    This summer was really stressful for me. I lost 8 pounds and stopped getting my period for 3 months. I just started getting my period again. (reduced stress).
    My doctor wasn't concerned until it became a 4th missed period in a row.

Um I do know that estrogen is stored in fat cells. So when women lose weight they usually get more periods, not less. When you get down to your normal/healthy weight they will slow down and hopefully get back to normal.

I'm pretty sure none of this helps. But I would call your doctor to check in just in case. There are lots of reasons to miss a period or two. Don't freak out too much you'll miss them more.
  • JCulp19
    JCulp19 Posts: 82
    Options
    Mine comes when it comes. I can go for months at a time and not have one. Then I'll have one and it'll be like a normal regular cycle. I need to go to the doctor and check to see if this is a serious matter or not.

Im the same way. I would get really bad mood swings Im talking to the point where I was thinking about getting tested for being bipolar. I just went on some birth control pills and it made me regular and I feel 100 x better
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Ive never missed a period

Oops...My bad I just did.

that's funny!