High Protein Low Fat foods...

Options
I started P90X not to long ago and am in need of some high protein low fat foods. I know fish, eggs, cheese, but what else? What foods do you recommend?

Replies

• DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Lean meats and more lean meats.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

^This

If you want more protein, supplement with a good protein powder.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt & cottage cheese. Nuts are good w/ good fats and fiber too :smile:
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    egg whites, lean meat-try plainville turkey, greek yogurt, nuts (healthy fat), quinoa.
  • EnuffaMyButt
    EnuffaMyButt Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I like cooking up some chicken breasts, cutting them up and snacking on those throughout the week. It helps when I'm hungry and need something quick. I always feel like Iv've curbed that hunger when I eat it.

Good luck.
  • jtakingcareofherself
    Options
    Bison pepperoni and bison jerky! Watch the cheese if you are concerned with fat content.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options

then just a little bit more lean meat!!
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Edamame (soybeans) (1 cup = 17 g protein, 189 calories) - you can find these in the frozen vegetables if your store doesn't have fresh ones.

Jamie Eason has some good protein bar recipes - I like the chocolate and the pumpkin. Just Google "Jamie Eason Protein Bars" and you'll find the recipes on-line.

Lentils (1 cup = 18 g protein, 230 calories) - I'll make these instead of rice or potatoes.