Childhood imagination games

_Elemenopee_
_Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
The monsters under the bed thread got me thinking of things we did as kids.

Like:

Jumping from one piece of furniture to the next, or from bed to bed because if we touched the floor we would burn in the Lava. :laugh:
Red Light, Green Light, 1, 2, 3
Manhunt

What imagination games do you remember playing as a kid without (or before) video games/technology?

Replies

• SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Red Rover (not really imaginative - but so fun)
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Doctor. I had a PHD!
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,644 Member
    Heads up. Seven up!
  • SeaChele77
    Doctor. I had a PHD!

Me too
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,177 Member
    Duck, duck, grey duck......

inb4 Goose.....:noway:
  • Mr_Cape219
    Mr_Cape219 Posts: 1,345 Member
    Roller coaster/ride game. My cousins, little brother, and myself would hop on a pull wagon and pretend we were on a roller coaster or dark ride after going to Universal Studios/Disneyland. We would recreate the ride as best we could and take turns pulling eachother through the path we made.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member

LOL...I almost broke a girl's arm in elementary who tried to let go one time...

As the first kid in my class to mature physically, these games were FUN...as was target practice, I mean dodge ball.
  • _Elemenopee_

LOL...I almost broke a girl's arm in elementary who tried to let go one time...

As the first kid in my class to mature physically, these games were FUN...as was target practice, I mean dodge ball.

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!!

I loved dodge ball! I was always small and fast!
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    My best friend and I were detectives in a secret organization called CHAOS. I don't remember what CHAOS stood for.

One of our mission objectives was to tie our youngest brothers to the bottom of the treehouse, then throw sticks at them from underneath.

CHAOS was not really a benevolent organization.
  • _Elemenopee_
    My best friend and I were detectives in a secret organization called CHAOS. I don't remember what CHAOS stood for.

One of our mission objectives was to tie our youngest brothers to the bottom of the treehouse, then throw sticks at them from underneath.

CHAOS was not really a benevolent organization.

I almost choked on my water just now!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Hot Lava...for sure. We generally played this on playground equipment during recess. Sometimes we'd change it up, and instead of lava, there was a maneating alligator in the "water", or zombies.

Loved it...I miss those days.
  • SeaChele77
    Hot Lava...for sure. We generally played this on playground equipment during recess. Sometimes we'd change it up, and instead of lava, there was a maneating alligator in the "water", or zombies.

We played on playgroud equipment too. And if you got stuck - you could yell "ICE" and jump 3x to the next piece of equipment. If you didn't you died. LOL
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Bloody Murder!
  • dawn2313
    dawn2313 Posts: 125 Member
    Cops and robbers!
  • _Elemenopee_

We played on playgroud equipment too. And if you got stuck - you could yell "ICE" and jump 3x to the next piece of equipment. If you didn't you died. LOL

Aladdins carpet helped me out a few times too (Yes, I cheated!)
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 841 Member
    the floor is lava

catch/crunch the falling leaves before they touch me. positive points for me getting them, negative for them getting me. Actually I still do this when I think nobody is watching. another reason to love fall.

secret agent/soldiers with my brothers. and chefs with leaves, twigs, mud pies, etc

as for Red rover, I got momentarily knocked out playing that game. as I was running over, I got clothelined, and down and i went and bounced my head off the ground.
  • Kerby with a ball.
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Middle brother drinks Squeez-It. Pees in the Squeez-It bottle. Younger brother must be convinced to drink it. Helps to mention that it's microwaved and that's why it's warm. THIS GAME CAN ONLY BE PLAYED ONCE.

Our GI Joe's favorite vehicle was a bottle rocket

Empty out many boxes of disassembled paper rock poppers into one giant receptacle, then throw it off the roof

I'm not sure if you count "explosions" as a game but there sure were a lot of explosions
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Wait....I still play most of these games... =P

Especially cops & robbers... :)
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Manhunt