Thinner Arms??

Options
nikii14
nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
I know from reading previous posts that there is no way to "Target" certain areas, so Im not sure if there is an answer to this question.
Is there an exercise that can make your biceps thinner vs muscular?? I have been using weights while exercising and notice that my arms are becoming more muscular (which isn't such a bad thing) but I am trying to make them slimmer. To me, they look like they are just getting bigger and I don't like it.

Any suggetions??

Thanks!!!!!!

Replies

• nikii14
    nikii14 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I know from reading previous posts that there is no way to "Target" certain areas, so Im not sure if there is an answer to this question.
    Is there an exercise that can make your biceps thinner vs muscular?? I have been using weights while exercising and notice that my arms are becoming more muscular (which isn't such a bad thing) but I am trying to make them slimmer. To me, they look like they are just getting bigger and I don't like it.

Any suggetions??

Thanks!!!!!!
  • crystalicfusion
    Options
    It's mostly genetic.

But something that could help is arm circles, or cherry pickers. With those you don't use weights but it still works your upper arms.

Maybe try some slimming pillates.
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    As a general rule, for muscles, lower weight, more reps. creates tone, and higher weight, less reps. creates mass.

Yes, genetics play a large roll as well, bone structure ultimately decides how small your arms can become. As to removing the fat, the only way, is to burn it off. Unfortunately, your body decides where it pulls the fat from. It sucks, but it's the hard fact we must all face (my bugaboo is my belly, getting there, slowly).