Coffee!

Options

Replies

• fierceangel1982
    Options
    I get an iced coffee with 1 or 2 pumps of pumpkin spice syrup (30 calories a pump, but so worth it) and a little bit of nonfat milk.
  • CymruBiology
    Options
    I have to have three canderel sweeteners in my coffee otherwise I can't stomach it.
    The sweetness compliments the coffee taste so much and its just not the same plain.
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Skinny Iced Caramel Macchiato made with SF Vanilla and SF Hazelnut, salted as well. Soooo good!
  • nbyzewski
    nbyzewski Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love the white chocolate mocha frappe at Starbucks! I have allergies so i ask for Soy and no whip, but they have skim milk there as well! For you I'd say a tall, skim, white chocolate mocha frappe no whip! I love these! I like it hot as well, so it just varies on the type of mood you are in.
  • Andrewsvan
    Andrewsvan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I can have 30 cups of Folgers with MCT oil and heavy whipping cream for the price of one Starbucks. Just sayin'.

This. Plus I don't like specialty drinks so I usually just order a coffee when I'm out with friends and Starbucks burns their coffee beans and it tastes awful! Blegh! It's a Grind > Starbucks
    It's not that they burn the beans, they just make black coffee really strong. I'd suggest watering it down to your liking. "They" say a strong cup of coffee watered down is less bitter than cutting back on the amount of coffee in the basket when they brew it.
  • wow29
    wow29 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I was told to cut all caffeine out due to heart palpitations, so I don't drink coffee anymore, which is a good thing because I always had it with TONS of sugar and cream. Now I don't even drink Pepsi, or if I do it's one a month.
    i dont have alot of coffee now and im going miss it do to the caffine and acid content I just have to stop :cry: :sad: :sad: :drinker: :sad: :sad: :noway: :sad:
  • DesignGrrl
    DesignGrrl Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I drink my coffee cold - blend 2 cups of it with a scoop of chocolate peanut butter whey protein - yummy!
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I just drink my coffee black. Once you get off your addiction to all that sugar and cream, you get to appreciate the flavor more.

I did the same. I love coffee, and I'm a bit of a coffee snob. Good coffee is good black. And, it was a really quick way to cut several hundred cals (cream + sugar) out of my daily intake.

this too. when i want a treat i add a little skim and splenda
  • BaristaX
    BaristaX Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I usually take 10 shots of espresso and mix it with protein, almond milk and stevia.

it's not too bad, and it is actually pretty filling and pretty low calorie as well.
  • smsladybug
    Options
    If doing coffee from a coffee shop, I always ask for skim milk and sugar free syrup...Starbucks' skinny vanilla and skinny caramel lattes are great. BUT for the most part, I make my own coffee at home and buy sugar free Torani flavored syrup (0 calories). I've found that most times I don't even need any creamer or milk, but when I do want a creamier coffee I just use a couple tablespoons of skim milk.
  • seventeendayer
    seventeendayer Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Some suggestions when going to Starbucks:

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/nutrition/20-under-200

Hope this helps!!
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Get a tall skim or soy latte and add cinnamon and nutmeg at the little station. Yum!
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I buy my beans green, organic, free trade, sustainable practices. Roast them myself. Grind them every morning. Drink it black. Great anti oxidants. Flavor. Don't put anything in it to adulterate that great flavor.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I usually make my own lattes but if I go out - I still have lattes. Just plain non/reduced fat lattes.
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Black coffee is 5 calories a cup. If you must have milk, ask for skim.
  • NZhellkat
    NZhellkat Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I'm fussy with my coffee so I only have it at home. I have caramel creamer and 8oz low fat milk with very strong coffee. I love the taste. I've just got some Bailey's creamer too. Can't wait to have that. :drinker:
  • amcleoud
    Options
    I get something called a "black guy" at my local coffee shop. It's a medium black coffee with two shots of espresso, 2 pumps of sugar bfree french vanilla, and 6 packs of splenda, and it's only 22 calories!
  • angelique_redhead
    angelique_redhead Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    LOL A man after my own heart. I get 5 shots and add Sweet and Low. I'm there for the caffeine.
    I usually take 10 shots of espresso and mix it with protein, almond milk and stevia.

it's not too bad, and it is actually pretty filling and pretty low calorie as well.
  • busywifehealthylife
    Options
    Skinny Vanilla Latte with only one pump of vanilla.:happy:

This is my go to coffee drink too :)
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I mostly avoid Starbucks anymore, it's just too tempting to get something crazy. On the rare occasion I do have Starbucks..I either opt for the Grande nonfat Cinnamon Dolce..clocks in at 210 cals or if I have room for it the Salted Caramel mocha..It's 290 with nonfat, I get extra foam so the salt sprinkles float on top. I hate their drip coffee, it tastes burnt. There is an awesome little coffee shop near me I like called Sip and I get the Nonfat dirty Chai there. Its so good. Its probably about the same calorie count, but oh, so much better.