Pills Pills Everywhere aka Miracle weight loss

Options
avir8
avir8 Posts: 671 Member
Who is taking any "diet pills, or metabolism booster or appetite suppressors"

State whether it worked for you, is it worth the money, any bad side effects.

Not judging just looking to see if there are any trends in what people like to try, just saw a post for a "cleanse" so it got me thinking, are all these "unnatural" products actually worth it?
Also saw the thread for Alli, that anal leakage was frightening:sick:

Replies

• stephanie1133
    Options
    I have taken, and from time to time still take, the E/C stack.

ETA: It does nothing if you don't have your diet in order.
  • avir8
    Options
    I have taken, and from time to time still take, the E/C stack.

ETA: It does nothing if you don't have your diet in order.

So true about the diet. Do you use the E/C for energy more so than for wieght loss?
  • stephanie1133
    Options
    Ya, I mean I know the thermogenic effect can't be that much really. It also really kills your appetite for the first week or so. That's why I don't take it long term, all the energy and hunger blunting effects fade away the longer you take it.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    No, I prefer to buy shoes.
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Didn't you just post another thread about this???
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Alli, that anal leakage was frightening:sick:

Let me guess...you're not for the new aqua colon treatments? :laugh:
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'm on a medication that reduces my appetite as a side effect. I'll admit it has made it a lot easier to eat within my goals, although easier does not mean easy... I still have to plan carefully and resist temptation.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I just use the itworks wraps......They are more cost effective and you can tell they work by the name.
  • avir8
    Options
    Didn't you just post another thread about this???

Yes but I moved it to a more appropriate section, away from people who thought I was trolling, since I am looking for serious responses that's why I also renamed it :/
  • zebisis
    zebisis Posts: 157
    Options
    I take Hydroxycut Max, and like it. :)
  • stephanie1133
    Options
    Ya, I mean I know the thermogenic effect can't be that much really. It also really kills your appetite for the first week or so. That's why I don't take it long term, all the energy and hunger blunting effects fade away the longer you take it.

"take supplement in conjunction with a health diet and exercise program."

So you do the program as specified, and lose weight. What caused the weight loss, the pills or the diet and exercise?

Pills are scams.

It's not a special pill, brand, or program, it's ephedrine and caffeine - research if you are interested in all of the data. And as I mentioned I take it mainly for the energy and hunger blunting effects. OP asked a question, I answered it. I'm good on advice, thanks!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I just use the itworks wraps......They are more cost effective and you can tell they work by the name.

This. Anything with "itworks" in the name is golden.
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I used to take diet pills in HS. They were blue and...red? Capsules not tablets.

Made me feel like crap, heart racing, dizzy. It broke up my fat so it wasn't smooth and taut, but pebbly and saggy. It freaked me out. That and the feeling like I was having a heart attack. Stopped after a few weeks.

Not worth it!
  • BigBrewski
    BigBrewski Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Alli, that anal leakage was frightening:sick:

Let me guess...you're not for the new aqua colon treatments? :laugh:

I was going to reply to this but decided it wasn't worth an "strike" or "warning"
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    There is no magic pill. I used ephedra ten years ago. And yes, it worked, I went from size 18 to a size 4.. but I also was a complete B**TCH, my heart rate was always elevated, and I'm damn lucky I didn't have a stroke. While on the ephedra I did exercise and ate almost nothing, but I would never go back to pills again when I can do it without them. The side effects of ANY weight loss pill are going to be a lot worse than the benefits.
  • avir8
    Options

"take supplement in conjunction with a health diet and exercise program."

So you do the program as specified, and lose weight. What caused the weight loss, the pills or the diet and exercise?

Pills are scams.

It's not a special pill, brand, or program, it's ephedrine and caffeine - research if you are interested in all of the data. And as I mentioned I take it mainly for the energy and hunger blunting effects. OP asked a question, I answered it. I'm good on advice, thanks!

Yes I am definitely researching all the names of pills posted here Thx
  • jocybee83
    jocybee83 Posts: 155 Member
    Options

This. Anything with "itworks" in the name is golden.

Agree!
  • vvanm
    vvanm Posts: 157
    Options
    Chromium and L-Carnitine are supposed to help. Any stimulants can make you jittery and when you go off them it is really hard to keep dieting. I drink half caffeine coffee in the morning to get a more sustained energy over the day.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    No pill has been proven to provide any greater results on weight loss. If you want it for energy, like caffeine, so you can push harder and longer during your workout its one thing but will it make you lose weight or fat faster, the answer is no.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I tried the Mega Green Tea pills. I thought it was suppose to be just concentrated green tea cause I didn't want to drink a bunch of tea all day. Turns out there is a bunch of processes ick in it to hold it together. Regardless, withing 20 minutes of taking it I had a migraine. Not just a headache but a migraine. I was light sensitive, sound sensitive, moving made me sick. I took a couple of Excedrin hoping to kill it but the only thing that worked was going to bed and sleeping it out of my system. I thought maybe it was just a fluke so I tired it again about a week later and same thing. Just tossing out my experience.