EASTER Fitness Challenge Check-In March 7th

Options
NTBoard
NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
We made it to another Friday! Hurray! Everyone is doing such a FANTASTIC job! Thanks for being here for each other, helping to push, pull, and carry others along as the need arises. I know for me personally I attribute much of my success to ALL of you. So, THANKS!

Yesterday I did level 1 of the Biggest Loser Power Sculpt and 30 min of vigorous riding on my bike, drank my water & took my vitamins and meds, AND I journaled my food. So, how did my first week REALLY back in the game work for me? I lost 5 lbs and am equal to my lowest weight since I started this. The MAIN KEY for me will be to have another loss next week. On my yo-yo trend of the last 11 weeks this was supposed to be a loss week. Now to break out and have another loss NEXT week. I will keep up the momentum I started this week. I just have to! I will have to weigh in on Wednesday this week as I leave for Las Vegas on Wednesday night... Less days to do more, right?! I can do it!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
Have a WONDERFUL Weekend!!!
Niccole

Replies

• NTBoard
    NTBoard Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    We made it to another Friday! Hurray! Everyone is doing such a FANTASTIC job! Thanks for being here for each other, helping to push, pull, and carry others along as the need arises. I know for me personally I attribute much of my success to ALL of you. So, THANKS!

Yesterday I did level 1 of the Biggest Loser Power Sculpt and 30 min of vigorous riding on my bike, drank my water & took my vitamins and meds, AND I journaled my food. So, how did my first week REALLY back in the game work for me? I lost 5 lbs and am equal to my lowest weight since I started this. The MAIN KEY for me will be to have another loss next week. On my yo-yo trend of the last 11 weeks this was supposed to be a loss week. Now to break out and have another loss NEXT week. I will keep up the momentum I started this week. I just have to! I will have to weigh in on Wednesday this week as I leave for Las Vegas on Wednesday night... Less days to do more, right?! I can do it!

+++POSITIVE THOUGHTS+++!!! :flowerforyou:
    Have a WONDERFUL Weekend!!!
    Niccole
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today is yoga for 60 minutes.

Yesterday I skipped the gym, stayed home and did weights and abs for 30 minutes, and dance videos for an hour. I was in a weird mood, and I didn't want to see the gym people for a day. (I guess this is some sort of confession, because I told you guys I was spinning.:tongue: )

Happy Friday!

p.s. ...Great job with the loss, Niccole!

:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I have not been doing very well at all with my exercise or eating. Having a rough time getting back into it. I did do 30 minutes of Taebo yesterday. Today I am going to be cleaning house and doing laundry all day, so I guess that counts. Tomorrow I will be out of town. Sunday I will be working on my car, trying to get it running after sitting for 6 years. (That will burn some calories, maybe not a lot.) I will try to get back into the swing of things on Monday. I have to work on my scheduling! I hope you all have a great weekend!
    Melissa
  • vicky1
    vicky1 Posts: 236
    Options
    Well done Niccole.

Slept in this morning so been a bit behind finally on track now though Core fitness dvd 25 mins this morning this is week 3 with my new heavier weights I still stuggle with 2 moves tricep kickback and the one were you lean forward and lift both arms out to the side it really burns it is getting easier though.

Walked as usual this morning for and hour and about to get the girls ready to go out again they are on a sugar rush coz we have been baking cupcakes and they licked the bowl clean and the spoons and anything else I didn't put in the dishwasher we had gr8 fun spraying the cakes with that spray food colour you can't buy this in the UK in shops but I found it on ebay it was expensive though I am getting my parents to pick me some up next month when they are on holiday in florida I will be getting plenty of exercise then as I will have to walk their dogs as well as my own probably clock up 3 hours of walking a day.

I have four lbs left to meet my easter goal weigh day tomorrow fingers crossed.

Can't wait for sunday until best in show at crufts is on one day I am going to go to this monumentous dog show never now might make it to compete one day when we get or new dog next year (thats dreaming for ya) My favourite the Cavelier King Charles Spaniel came 3rd in the toy group yesterday woohoo for those beautiful dogs with their big eyes and big hearts my Cavelier had her nose glued to the TV watching I wonder what they see?

Have a gr8 friday all.
    :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I haven't been doing well going to the gym. The timing is bad because my baby goes down for the night around 6:30 and that is usually when we get home from the gym. She was going to bed at 7:30, so I'm hoping when we set the clocks ahead this weekend I'll have more time to get back into the gym thing! But, I have been doing great with the diet, staying exactly in my calorie range everyday! :) Yesterday I got on the scale and weighed 211! I started at 231 the beginning of January. I was so psyched, and the other night I went shopping and bought shirts in a large and a dress in a juniors XL, and they all fit perfectly. I'm happy with the progress I'm making, but I really want to get back into the gym. I felt so much better at night after a grueling workout. Congrats to everyone for doing so great! :)
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Wow, y'all are doing well with the weight loss - keep it up!

Confession time? Not really - but the big event is this Sunday - 3rd Annual Chocolate Festival. I figure I blow between 600-800 calories. It will be hard to tell because you stroll around tasting different kinds of chocolate - so one place might offer 1/2 a piece of chocolate, another a 2 bite brownie. I look forward to this event. Last year I felt ill afterwards - you know the kind of ill you felt as a child after Halloween? Yep, that was me. :laugh: Believe me, there is such a thing as too much chocolate. I was at a chocolate place last night (:blushing:, but it was a birthday party) and the quote on the wall said, "Man cannot live by chocolate alone but woman can".

Yesterday was elliptical and walking - Today I'm going to spinning! No more putting it off. I figured viviakay missing it was a sign for me to make up her class.

Oh, one more confession - my wireless was down this morning - I almost freaked :laugh: Luckily a reboot brought it back up.
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Options
    TGIF ladies:drinker: I did the BL Cario Max-50 minutes and then started my spring cleaning. I don't care how much snow is on the ground. My birthday is the first day of spring so I know the grass is out there somewhere! I want to be done inside so I can start outside as soon as the snow is gone.

I hope everyone has a great weekend! :flowerforyou:
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Mechanicmom of course housework counts. I'm counting an hour and a half grocery shopping because you end up pushing around a heavy cart the longer you shop:tongue: Maybe some snow shoeing after driving for an hour and a half and then maybe I'll just lay down on my heating pad for an hour. Gee does that burn any calories? I WISH! Have a great weekend everyone, we are going to get cruddy weather for the next two days.~Karen
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday, everyone!

Congrats Niccole and Lauren on the continuing weight loss -- very inspiring.

Vivia -- what is the Core DVD that you do? I used to take a core class about a year ago at my yoga studio and I looooved it. It changed my body completely. I've been looking for a good takeaway workout every since.

Last night I could feel myself getting a bit out of control with the peanut butter (actually it's the "Better than Butter" from TJ's), thinking that because I was eating it on celery sticks it was okay to go crazy with it. It was good incentive to get to the gym and I finally managed to get in a full hour of cardio. I was almost an hour late for drinks but I didn't care -- I just said they can wait, finish it out. Then I managed to avoid alcohol and a HUGE plate of nachos that the guys were devouring, and went to bed feeling strong.

Haven't worked out today yet -- I had an early morning meeting. I'm hoping to get in a workout tonight, but it might have to be tomorrow morning instead.

Going to reward myself this weekend with a nice soak in the tub.
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday!!! Did my video this a.m. 5 days in a row!! YAHOOO! Was o.k. on calories - sodium got me though! Weigh in was today - lost 3 lbs. The 2 I gained last week and 1 more went along with them!! Yippee. Still - 8 to lose to meet my Easter goal. Probably won't, but that's o.k. I'm getting more consistent with my exercise. That will help!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Easy night, only an hour today. If I can drop one more pound by Monday, I just might make my birthday goal!!! I'm still struggling with my water, but only missed one day this week. At least working out so hard means I am thirsty and naturally drink more!

Thanks everyone for staying so positive; couldn't do it without you. My husband asked me the other night if this site really helps, YES I shouted!:flowerforyou: