Over 60 and getting healthy

Options
Are there any of you out there that are over 60 and finding it hard to start living healthy and exercising aftera few years of a sedentary life? Only 4 years thank goodness, but enough to stiffen up those joints.:noway:

My wake-up-call came just before Christmas when I was diagnosed with Osteoporosis. It frightened me because my mother had it and was seated in a chair from the age of 63 (I'm 69) until she died at age 89 with two hip replacements. Thankfully I am more active than my mother ever was and was a nurse before retirement, so have some knowledge of what will happen to me if I don't get off my duff and move more than I do now. Joined an Athletic Club and now this site to help with food choices.

Have 54 lbs to lose (put on over the last 10 years) and a goal of being able to look at a picture of myself without gagging !
Wish me luck !!!! And HELP ???!!!:blushing:

Replies

• birdee
    birdee Posts: 6
    Options
    I think you picked the right place to start. This site has helped me a lot since I joined in Nov. 08. I was not able to exercise much until last summer. My goal was to lose weight and get in condition for a trip to Germany which I did last Sept. I'm finding it easier to get in a walk almost every day and that was something I wasn't sure I'd be able to do. Believe that you can do it and you will. Good luck. I'm still working on the last 15 pounds of my goal.