WHY NOW?

Options
Well - I am broke, my car has a dead battery, and after all the binging I did all weekend, i have come to this conclusion -- I am still broke. And my car has a dead battery. If not now, when? Since there is not a perfect time to lose weight, why not start now? I cannot control what is my checking account right now, I cannot bring my battery back to life, but I can write down what I eat, and I can take a walk.

Replies

• JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Amen! If not now then when...good for you! Youcan do this. :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Nice, well put. Reminds me of this:

Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

You can do it, and you will. Welcome aboard.
  • Bernadette69
    Options
    Good attitude. I'm with you.
  • 100togo2010
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing! "Why not now?" and so here I am! Thanks for your post, I think you put into words what most of us have thought.

Take care
  • proudloser
    Options
    Have you tried charging it? Hopefully all it is, is just a bad battery and not the alternator. I'm not sure if they've got any where you live but usually you can find a place that sells batterys with just a little blemish or dent in it that can't be sold in stores and get for like 1/2 the price but it's still a PERFECT battery. There's a name for those batteries but I forget...I think they just may be called blem batteries and if you call around to your auto part stores they may be able to tell you where you can find some. I know that being broke means that you may not even be able to get one for half the price but when you do it'll still save you money. Anyway, good luck and i'll be praying about your money situation :)
  • Rsantin
    Options
    PROUDLOSER, my husband did charge it and it is fine! And even if it would not have, binging like I had serously considered would not have helped at all. And I found 20 extra in checking (it was a tight payday), so I am getting some cottage cheese and fruit at the store. I am glad to be here, little victories today, just when I needed them the most!!!!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Great news, glad to hear it. More good stuff to come... :-)
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Good job Renee! Glad to hear your battery is o.k. and you found $$. And you chose not to binge again - that is awesome! I'm kind of right there with you - I actually got woke up over the weekend and realized how much damage I'm doing by not eating right and exercising. You can do this - we're all in it together.