Oh, I love the pepper...

Options
Well, I know I could just look this up on Google, but I decided to ask you lovely lot.

I love pepper on almost everything. Should I log that in my daily meals. I'm sure there must be a bit of calories, but it may be so minuscule that there would be no need to log it.

Thanks!

Replies

• kmagill360
    Options
    :wink: There is 13 cal in 1 tbsp of pepper. Unless you're eating more than a tbsp per day, I wouldn't stress it. Much better than salt, right!
  • bambi5014
    Options
    I don't think you should. I don't, and I love pepper too! Its only gotta be a few calories... but now you have me curious and I am going to google it! lol PS. I have a son named Lukas, and its spelled with a K just like you.
  • bambi5014
    Options
    There are 16 calories in 1 tbsp. of black pepper, per this site: http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-pepper-black-i2030.

BUT... it takes 11 calories to chew your food, according to the Mayo Clinic research. So all evens out in the end, pretty much I think!
  • lukasmac
    lukasmac Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    thanks for the insight. I figured it was only a few calories... I don't even think I put a table spoon's worth on what I eat so I won't stress about it :)
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't stress it, either. I put pepper on most everything too! Yum!