Hi! New here & would love some food ideas!!

YoungMomma
YoungMomma Posts: 3
edited September 20 in Food and Nutrition
I love food! LOL ... so so far , we've cut out Soda & going to fast food ... now idk what else to do ...

im now cooking w/ turkey instead of burger meat ...
im looking for new meals to make:
chicken alfredo , taco pizza , tacos , chicken , wings
and any new recipes
thank u =]

Replies

• DiGiorno 200 calorie pizzas make great meals
  • Slim34
    Slim34 Posts: 46
    Theres many in the RECIPE posts ...
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    A friend of mine made me try this recipe as a substitute for alfredo sauce and I was really impressed! Check it out! http://vegweb.com/index.php?topic=17310.0 She tries to do a lot of vegeterian and dairy free stuff. Seriously, don't be afraid of it. It's worth a try! I believe you can get the nutritional yeast in the bulk areas at places like Winco and Fred Meyer (if you have those stores around you).

Tacos - Try doing a taco salad instead. You can get a low carb tortilla, spray it very lightly with olive oil or a cooking spray, place it over a small oven save bowl or balled up foil, and bake it until it makes a crispy shell. Use a ton of lettuce, cook up ground turkey with some spices and seasonings (measure out your portion...it's easy to go overboard). I like mine to be saucey so I mix a little cornstarch with about a half cup or so of cold water then pour it in the pan with the seasonings and meat to make it kind of gravy like. Use some fat free refried beans, black, or pinto beans, onion, bell pepper, and any other veggies you like. Mix fat free sour cream and salsa as your dressing. You really won't miss the cheese but if you want it just use a 2% shredded type and measure/weigh it. It's fantastic!

You can use flat breads or tortillas to make pizzas. You could use the above alfredo as a sauce or even just whip up a quick pizza sauce with crushed tomatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, and italian seasoning. Use a 2% cheese and top with mushrooms, onions, peppers, and turkey pepperoni!

Wings...as in hot wings? Get chicken tenderloins and bread them. Spray with a cooking spray and bake. Once they're cooked coat them with a hot wing sauce of your choice. I love Franks. :) Use a low fat/low cal blue cheese dressing to dunk them in. You can even make this into a salad! Mix in some fat free sour cream to the dressing to make it even lighter!

Let me know if you need anymore ideas! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.