10 lbs by Thanksgiving....? Who's with me?

Options

Replies

• krissycupicake
    Options
    Completely in! :) Sitting at 188 right now, so 178? Awesome :D
  • tompkgl78
    Options
    OMG!! I would love to achieve this! And my bday is the 27th so I would be smoking hot!! I am gonna bust my butt!! Good luck to all!! Lets do this!!
  • stevenwe
    Options
    im in
  • danieljl6
    Options
    Count me in and count the 10 lbs down by Thanksgiving,
  • themightymc
    themightymc Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Count me in
  • Moca2012
    Options
    I'm new here but I'm in!:smile:
  • auntiejack
    auntiejack Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Count me in

Think I should just be able to do this
  • steflbrown
    Options
    I'm in.
  • alisonbank
    alisonbank Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    count me in too! i've been hovering around 138 for weeks and i'd love to break through 130! LET'S DO THIS.
  • sharoncasey60
    sharoncasey60 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I need a goal. thanks for starting this. Good luck everyone!
  • kimmeyjo
    kimmeyjo Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in! Need a boost in motivation and this would definitely get me started!
  • TraciStivers
    TraciStivers Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I weighed this morning and I was 147, so I'll shoot for 137 by Thanksgiving. We can do this!!!
  • krorvik
    krorvik Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm so with ya i would love to lose 10lbs by thanksgiving.
  • TraciStivers
    Options
    I am in.....that would mean a new pant size...which means new outfit! :happy:

I like how you think!
  • TraciStivers
    Options
    I am in. Its actually my 1 year wedding anniversary the week after, and I gained back the 14 lbs I lost for the wedding last year, so 10ls off would put me almost back to that wedding day weight. I am ready!

What is everyone doing to lose? I am going to try the no carb way, and bump up the workouts.

I'm counting calories, avoiding all sweets and bumping up my cardio workouts.
  • BeepRocks
    Options
    Count me in.....is great motivation to have a whole group.........going on cruise next week.....and vacation the week of Thanksgiving.....I can do it.......and know....we all can do it......good luck and thanks for the motivation
  • NinaC9801
    NinaC9801 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. It gives me something to work towards.
  • summerlovin0817
    Options
    Please count me in! I've lost 10 so far on round 2 of MFP (gained probably 1-2 back the past 2 weeks due to a death in the family and LOTS OF FOOD) but I definitely need to lose 10-20 more! I finally got back into the 140's this month after getting down to 144 on New Years (round 1 of MFP) and then gaining 11 pounds over the summer. I never made it to the 130's and I believe that is where my ultimate goal weight will be! I have 5-7 pounds until I hit that blessed 139, so my goal for Thanksgiving is just to be in the 130's.

Also, I am trying to learn how to cook healthy. I live at home and my parents are both obese (no idea if they are morbidly, don't think so, don't know the difference), and diabetic. They are trying to get their eating under control but they still cook really unhealthy meals (meat, bread, and starch heavy) and order out quite often. I try to cook better meals, but they don't buy the groceries for healthy meals, don't want what I'm making if its healthy (the few things I can cook), and I am in no financial situation to be buying groceries at the moment! I am moving out of town with my boyfriend in the summer, and he LOVES healthy food (lots of veggies, huge salad guy, lean meats). I know it sounds sexist/ anti- feminist in today's world, but I want to be able to cook for and please my man! I do enjoy most healthy foods, but because I've always grown up eating unhealthy, when I think "meals for supper" I can only think of and only really know how to cook the bad ones! Any suggestions on how to reload my go-to list for dinners or recipes to get me started would be fantastic! I would love to learn a variety of healthy meals instead of my families way of having the usual fall backs like spaghetti, tacos, hamburgers, porkchops, hot dogs, fried fish EVERY SINGLE WEEK.

Any books that maybe give a ton of recipes that you have tried and liked?

Good luck everyone! Thanksgiving is in 5 weeks! :)
  • ash518
    ash518 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm in! I keep going back and forth on all my goals but this will be a good way to re-focus and drop some more L B's