BodyMedia Fit vs Fitbit?!?

Options
13»

Replies

• pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Fitbit. The calorie burn during Zumba is not that different to my HRM. In fact it was only a few calories off. I wear both when I workout but my fitbit all day. If you can afford both, get both..... but not the bodymedia...... nothing on earth is like the fitbit..... and get the ONE...

Plus you don't have to pay extra to see your info.... that's a plus. Anywhere that you buy something for $$$ and then have to pay extra $$$ just to look at it is not great in my books.
  • Nickiii_123
    Nickiii_123 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I got my fitbit ultra two months ago and love it so far. Its small enough that it's not noticeable when I wear it during the day and it seems fairly accurate. It tracks sleep using a nice, soft little wrist band that you wear while you're asleep. I think they just came out with a new model so I bet you could get an ultra for a good price right about now :)
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I got my fitbit ultra two months ago and love it so far. Its small enough that it's not noticeable when I wear it during the day and it seems fairly accurate. It tracks sleep using a nice, soft little wrist band that you wear while you're asleep. I think they just came out with a new model so I bet you could get an ultra for a good price right about now :)

Actually Ultra is no longer for sale, unless you buy it elsewhere other than Fitbit themselves. FItbit ONE is perfect. I wear mine ALL the time unless I'm in the shower, that's when I charge it (and it only needs a top up charge of about 10 mins if that at all)
  • obored1
    obored1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like my fitbit one, I think it has all been said as to why, tracks, sleep, stairs, walking, discreet, sweat proof.

only downfall i have had to it is I can't swim with it :)

and I never had sync issues, I think those are all fixed now anyways, they did something to give us a choice on how we want it to link to MFP, so gives you more power as to how you like your number to show, either small and grow as you earn it, or guesstimate based on averages and adjust if you seem to be way over or under performing in steps/exercise.

good luck
  • vikingheart
    Options
    I can't compare the two, but I really like the fitbit and their customer service is fantastic.
  • vikingheart
    Options
    Oh, but I would add that it is NOT sweat proof. I train pretty intensely in muay thai kickboxing and sweat a lot. I kept my fitbit in the "media" pocket of my shorts, and the display still got messed up from my sweat...so be cautious if you are a sweat beast like me.