Losing weight too fast!

Options
I know it's unhealthy to lose weight fast, but my weight is going down really fast. It's almost too good to be true. I have been losing 2lbs a DAY since Tuesday. I have lost 6lbs now... I know that's not good. I have been eating my right amount and exercising, then eating those cals that I gained. Honestly I have been eating a little over (about 30 cals) each day. I've been drinking my 2litres a day as well. I'm really happy it's coming off so fast, but am worried that since it's coming off so fast that it will come right back. Though now I have lost 10lbs!! YAY! :laugh:

Is this normal? Should I eat more maybe (I gladly will! hahaha)

Replies

• Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I know it's unhealthy to lose weight fast, but my weight is going down really fast. It's almost too good to be true. I have been losing 2lbs a DAY since Tuesday. I have lost 6lbs now... I know that's not good. I have been eating my right amount and exercising, then eating those cals that I gained. Honestly I have been eating a little over (about 30 cals) each day. I've been drinking my 2litres a day as well. I'm really happy it's coming off so fast, but am worried that since it's coming off so fast that it will come right back. Though now I have lost 10lbs!! YAY! :laugh:

Is this normal? Should I eat more maybe (I gladly will! hahaha)
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    My weight went in spurts. I would stay at one weight, then lose a bunch at once. (but that was just me)

I would only really be worried if it continues. :flowerforyou:
  • zombiesniper
    Options
    I know with me the first 10 pounds came off in less than a week then it kind of tappered off, I have lost 23 pounds in little over a month which comes out to about a 1.34 pounds per week. So I would not worry to much.
  • moidyn
    moidyn Posts: 112
    Options
    It also depends on how bad your eating habits were before. I think that is way people on the Biggest Loser have such amazing results, particularily in their first week.
    But I saw enjoy it it while it lasts!! Ü
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    It also depends on how bad your eating habits were before. I think that is way people on the Biggest Loser have such amazing results, particularily in their first week.
    But I saw enjoy it it while it lasts!! Ü

I ate quite healthy before. I haven't changed my diet at all. I mostly eat fruits, and veggies, with grains and a bit of meat. I just ate way TOO MUCH! That was my big problem hahaha I guess chips once a week dont help either hahaha
  • SheIsVirgo
    Options
    I know with me the first 10 pounds came off in less than a week then it kind of tappered off, I have lost 23 pounds in little over a month which comes out to about a 1.34 pounds per week. So I would not worry to much.

I think there's a problem with your math. If you are losing 23 lbs in a little over a month, you're losing too fast and you could encounter further health issue.

I'm sorry, I just worry about everyone.

:heart:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    At the beginning, your body may shed weight fast, usually to compensate for the extra work you are putting in. Especially if it was already relatively healthy (overweight and unhealthy don't always coincide, you can be overweight and still have many elements of good health, like good hormone levels, and good body chemistry, and cholesterol levels). If that is the case, your body was probably itching for the opportunity to drop the weight, and now you finally gave it a way and it's jumping at it. I agree though, I wouldn't expect these results to continue, as you improve, your body will have less fat to "melt" and as a result, your weight loss will slow. But that only means your reaching your goal! so Great work! Keep it up.:drinker:
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    At the beginning, your body may shed weight fast, usually to compensate for the extra work you are putting in. Especially if it was already relatively healthy (overweight and unhealthy don't always coincide, you can be overweight and still have many elements of good health, like good hormone levels, and good body chemistry, and cholesterol levels). If that is the case, your body was probably itching for the opportunity to drop the weight, and now you finally gave it a way and it's jumping at it. I agree though, I wouldn't expect these results to continue, as you improve, your body will have less fat to "melt" and as a result, your weight loss will slow. But that only means your reaching your goal! so Great work! Keep it up.:drinker:

Thanks yeah that makes sense. Before I couldn't figure it out because I wasn't too unhealthy at all. My eating was fine and I wasn't gaining weight, but I wasn't losing it either! hahaha and I gained with my 2 kids of course.

Thanks for the info!
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Welllllllllllllllll.....
    Hmm, To put it one way.
    Do not get too used to it...
    It will leavel out.
    To put it another. Some people that lose fast have been retaining so much water from eating habits that when they start eating right they shead the water weight and thus weigh on the scale goes Waaaay down and Fast, however, you said that you where eating healthy before.
    SO, if your body is not used to working out and you start exercising, your body weight works with you to lose a lot of weight fast and that might be the cause.
    STILL!. try these tests,
    Grab a piece of skin on the top of your arm pinch it up and release. If it pops back right away without any signs that you just did that. You are fine. If it stays there. or you have a bruse, or red mark, you need to go to the Dr.
    Is your skin supper dry? I mean dryer then normal for the winter? So much so that you have trouble sleeping and you can not stop itching. If so again, go to the Dr.
    And here is the BIGGY! If your body hurts, Kinda like you have the flu but you are not running a fever?
    Like your elbows are achy and your knees just hurt and you are sitting down or your lower back hurts more now then ever. Go to the Dr.
    These are all signs of health issues that are part of malnutrition. Or a bigger cause.
    I agree that it is awsome to see a big and fast weight loss, but I also think you are on the boarder line of danger here. And just to be on the safe side I would get a quick check-up and blood work just to assure yourself that you are doing alright!
    --Diann...
  • lifesaver
    lifesaver Posts: 132
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much about it.. as long as you know you're getting the right amount of food and you're exercising, what more can you do?
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    Welllllllllllllllll.....
    Hmm, To put it one way.
    Do not get too used to it...
    It will leavel out.
    To put it another. Some people that lose fast have been retaining so much water from eating habits that when they start eating right they shead the water weight and thus weigh on the scale goes Waaaay down and Fast, however, you said that you where eating healthy before.
    SO, if your body is not used to working out and you start exercising, your body weight works with you to lose a lot of weight fast and that might be the cause.
    STILL!. try these tests,
    Grab a piece of skin on the top of your arm pinch it up and release. If it pops back right away without any signs that you just did that. You are fine. If it stays there. or you have a bruse, or red mark, you need to go to the Dr.
    Is your skin supper dry? I mean dryer then normal for the winter? So much so that you have trouble sleeping and you can not stop itching. If so again, go to the Dr.
    And here is the BIGGY! If your body hurts, Kinda like you have the flu but you are not running a fever?
    Like your elbows are achy and your knees just hurt and you are sitting down or your lower back hurts more now then ever. Go to the Dr.
    These are all signs of health issues that are part of malnutrition. Or a bigger cause.
    I agree that it is awsome to see a big and fast weight loss, but I also think you are on the boarder line of danger here. And just to be on the safe side I would get a quick check-up and blood work just to assure yourself that you are doing alright!
    --Diann...

I've passed all your tests... :tongue: I thought about it, and I've been at this for about a month, and my weight has been going up and down throughout but steadily down. now it has just dropped. It does work out to 10lbs in the last month, and I am expecting it to slow down, but I think like someone said before, if it continues to do this I will go to the doctor (as much as I dont like my doctor :grumble:)
  • diannholland1965
    Options
    Carrie6o6 DEAR!!! In fact to ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!
    Being in a medical office and a woman, But men YOU are guilty of this too. :noway:
    IF YOU DO NOT LIKE YOUR DR. YOU NEED TO FIND A NEW ONE!
    Because I do not think anyone heard that I will repeat it!!!!!!
    Even if your health care sucks BIG TIME! you STILL have the POWER to find the DR that is right for YOU!
    PEOPLE PLEASE! You have only one body and you HAVE to take care of it, and if you do not like your Dr. You NEED to find one that you DO LIKE!!!!!!!
    They are one of the important people and factors to your health and welbeing. IF they do not perform to your satisfaction FIND ANOTHER ONE!
    PLESE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!! It is your RIGHT and your POWER to DO SO!
    TAKE BACK YOUR POWER PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!
    --Diann...
  • Carrie6o6
    Options
    Carrie6o6 DEAR!!! In fact to ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!
    Being in a medical office and a woman, But men YOU are guilty of this too. :noway:
    Because I do not think anyone heard that I will repeat it!!!!!!
    Even if your health care sucks BIG TIME! you STILL have the POWER to find the DR that is right for YOU!
    PEOPLE PLEASE! You have only one body and you HAVE to take care of it, and if you do not like your Dr. You NEED to find one that you DO LIKE!!!!!!!
    They are one of the important people and factors to your health and welbeing. IF they do not perform to your satisfaction FIND ANOTHER ONE!
    PLESE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!! It is your RIGHT and your POWER to DO SO!
    TAKE BACK YOUR POWER PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!!!!
    --Diann...

Yes you are right, I just feel bad if I found another one since she has been the one i went to with both kids. But she's extreamly rude. My husband keeps telling me just to switch as well.
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I agree with diannholland1965. Going to your healthcare should be a positive experience. We are challenged with this in our own family. My husband has some health problems and two physicians he saw at a very vulnerable time were were outright rude. He has finally found someone with more compassion that he can work with.

I have always been happy with the care I got from Certified Nurse Midwives, in fact I recently became one. :smile: CNMs typically have more time for appointments (my appointments are usually an hour long) and our education stresses health promotion across the lifespan. Men and children may want to consider a family nurse practitioner for the same reasons. Whatever provider you choose you should always be treated with respect with a provider who understands that your concerns are important.
  • diannholland1965
    Options
    As "NORMAL" people that did not spend years in school after school are often thinking that a Dr is a big shot and we should cower down before them. Uhhhh NOT EVEN CLOSE!
    Our bodies are worth more to us then they will ever make in a life time, and I think that there are a few Dr.s that NEED to be TOLD that.
    You are not feeling well or something is not right. You do not have to put up with rude people, you do not have the time.
    the Dr is running a business just like the resturant down the street.
    If the service is bad at the resturant. you do not just Take it and keep going back do you?
    NO! You TELL them in no uncertain terms what you think of their service and if they do not right the situation you do not go back and as you leave you tell them you will tell everyone you know not to go there. and then you DO JUST THAT!
    Like Lovers there are other Drs in the sea. They are not the only Medical official in the world. And chances are they are not the best either
    and Drs need to be talked to stright forward. They do not have the power over you! You have it over them. This is your money and the money of your insurance that you are taking away. and if there are other people waiting in the office when you are raiseing a fuss they might leave him/her as well. He can not sue you for breach of contract there IS NONE!
    But all in all what I am trying to say is that YOU and YOU alone have the power over your body and it's health. Do not take this for granted. It might be a pain in the butt to look for a new Dr. But you will be FAR better off as a result. And there is no price on that!
    --Diann....