SNACK FOOD IDEAS!!

Options
HI!! I am hoping that you folks will help!! I like to eat snack foods at lunch, my favorite is carrots and hummus I need some new ideas because I feel like I eat the same thing everyday!! Please share your favorites!! Thanks!!

Replies

• bomberbeamish
    Options
    hi there, i steamed some broc, carrots, cabbage yesterday and put a spoonfull of apple sauce on it,, you will love it or hate it, lol, i love it xx:laugh:
  • Emilydmo
    Emilydmo Posts: 101
    Options
    Wasa light and fit crackers ( 3 crackers for 60 cals!) with light cream cheese and celery on top. Amazing! :)
  • kgrutch
    kgrutch Posts: 223
    Options
    i know this doesnt sound like much of a snack (more like breakfast) but i have been eating it at 2pm now, so filling and yummy. 3 egg whites scrambled with hot sauce, on a josephs pita (total 110 calories). i make it in the morning and reheat it at work.
  • Slim34
    Slim34 Posts: 46
    Options
    These are my favorites ; )~~~

i make my own trail mix (chocolate chips, craisins, mixed nuts)
    I luv the 100 calorie packs of Oreo Thin Crisps and dip them in my blueberry lite n fit yogurt .. MMmm
    I make my own strawberry yogurt too (frozen strawberries n plain yogurt n lil' fat free whipped cream) put them in lil freezer bags and pop them in freezer so wheneva i want one I thaw it out n enjoy!
    Organic cashew butter on a apple is ohh so yummy too !!
  • NJReports
    Options
    Earth Fare veggie chips. on sale this week!! :laugh:
  • Bernadette69
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • Bernadette69
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • Victoria_Th
    Victoria_Th Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Oh my favorite is 12 almonds!

Vicky
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    fruit salad-eat with a toothpick...makes you eat a lot slower.
    whole grain pretzels with PB
    cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers, radishes with hummus
    air popped popcorn
    handful of nuts
  • banchubob
    Options
    2 tps of Peanut Butter in between two Rice Cakes (plain)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Switch up the carrots for something else. Personally I think red bell pepper slices taste like candy. YUM! You could also spring for a sodium-free fruit & nut trail mix scene, or an Ensure if you're in a time crunch :)
  • brookelillie
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I'm actually in line at the store with a basketfull of goodies! Gonna try the steamed veggies w applesauce ( I think I'll love that!!) And I picked up some almonds!! If you think of anything else please post!!Btw, how do you add a weightloss ticker?
  • banchubob
    Options
    I have been craving chips, I found Kale chips in a health store and tried them.... Amazing. I also located numerous recipes online and am going to try to make them myself. Talk about a Low Calorie snack only 58 cal a serving. Also trying to make a low calorie bread, I'll let you know how it goes (to put your ticker in just copy the code from your tools section)
    473945.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • lindsay1982
    lindsay1982 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Kraft Singles - 2% Milk Pepperjack Cheese, 1 slice Cal45 Fat3 Fiber0
    Mission Tortillas Plus! - Multi-Grain Flour Tortilla, 1 tortilla/36g Cal110 Fat3 Fiber4

This is my new fav snack, using 2% Milk Cheese, either PJ, American, or swiss, microwave for about 30 seconds, watch it so you do not burn the cheese, and then roll up and let it cool, then ENJOY!!