ISAGENIX

Options
starting up a 9(12) day cleanse today, using ISAGENIX. Most likely just gonna keep going until i get to my goal weight. Add me for support !

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Just here to see if this is the first "cleanse" post in the history of MFP forums not to end badly.

Oh, and good luck, OP, on both achieving whatever goals you have with this "cleanse" and in your post surviving the inevitable chaos and mayhem.
  • HuskyMan3
    HuskyMan3 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    pardon my ignorance, but what is ISAGENIX
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Isagenix is a diet program that operates on a multi-level marketing platform. The basic, 30-day cleanse is 2 shakes a day, 1 meal, and some really nasty chocolate wafers as snacks. For 2 days a week, you follow a liquid diet included with the program.

I tried it because my best friend's mom is a partner who sells it, and my mom tried it and lost almost 20lbs on the 9-day cleanse.

If you follow their plan perfectly, you'll end up eating about 1000 calories on shake days, and 400 calories on cleanse days.

I didn't even stick with the full 9 days. After the first two cleanse days, I got REALLY sick, and couldn't eat food without gagging. It took me over a week to recover from how horrible it made me feel. I lost 10lbs in 5 days, and gained 5 of it back after stopping.

I still drink the shakes for breakfast, but I only have one per day instead of two, and when I run out of my current tubs of powder, I'm going to go back to Pro Complete 40, which tastes better has more protein, and is WAY cheaper.
  • HuskyMan3
    HuskyMan3 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    ok thanks. doesn't seem like it would be something I could or would want to do