California <3

Options
Hi everyone! I am new to the site and thought I would say hello. I'm looking for a fitness/weight-loss buddy to talk to every once in a while to keep me accountable. I will search the boards for a more appropriate place to mention that, but just thought I'd put it out there. I'm 21 and a Junior in college and I should be graduated by next Spring.

I was a fat kid growing up and hit my highest weight of 270 pounds in January 2007. I turned 18 the month before and decided to FINALLY take my life into my own hands. I started working out, went to college, kept working out and changing my eating habits/behaviors and am down to 170 today.

However, that is not my lowest or the weight I am comfortable maintaining. I would like to reach 155 pounds and stay within 5 pounds of that. So I have 17 pounds to lose! :] Really though, maintenance is the battle. Any other maintainers out there with advice?

Anyway, if you've bothered to read this, post a reply. I would love! love! love!!! to hear about your weight loss and fitness journeys! :)

-Mica

Replies

• Arienna
    Arienna Posts: 913
    Options
    Hello and welcome!! Congrats on the weight loss, that's amazing! You look great! Good luck with the rest! :drinker:
  • smithiekat
    smithiekat Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm in the maintaining and/or losing boat you seem to be in as well. I joined MFP when my weight jumped to 164 lbs last year. I set a goal weight of 149 lbs which I reached by summer. I took a break from MFP, only logging in occasionally to see how my days were looking calorically. . . . . but I'm back to see how much I can lose . . . . if that makes sense. My new goal is to get to the 130s and see what that feels like, but I'm truly happy to maintain as well. This semester should be hard as I finish my masters, which is cutting into the hours that I spend teaching dance (and burning calories), but like I said I'm happy to maintain (can't afford new clothes right now anyhow!).

I'm also from California (well, originally. . . now i live in North Carolina).

Congrats on all you weight loss so far, it's a fun stage to be in now to see "what you can get away with", and how infrequently you need MFP while still making smart eating and exercising choices.

xo
    kat