How many calories do you aim to burn?

Options
I just recently started going to the gym again and I was wondering, how long do you go for and how many calories to you aim to burn during that gym session? I've been going for an hour and burning around 550 calories per session. Do you have a goal of how many calories you want to burn or just go until you can't go anymore?

Replies

• MallisaMott
    MallisaMott Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I usually go to Zumba and Spin (each lasts and hour) when I go to the gym for cardio and I aim to burn 500-700 calories. If I am going and I'm just going to be doing cardio on my own, I usually don't stay for an entire hour- I just get too bored, but I usually try to run at least a mile on the treadmill (around 100) and then try and do 20-30 minutes on another cardio machine. Those days my aim is at least 400. I eat 1400 cals a day and then eat back my exercise cals if that puts anything into perspective.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    5 days per week 30 min in the gym. Goal is 300 cal burned in the 30 min.
    2-3 times per week, I do Jazzercise, Group Power, or Vinyasa yoga to burn an additional 400-500 cal per session.

I find if I do more than 30 min in the gym per day, I will get burned out... 30 min is long enough to get my heart rate up, and 300 calories isn't anything to scoff at.