protein in the red

Is it bad to get to much protein? Because when I go over it's a negative number in the red. Isn't the protein number the minimum you want to get?

Replies

• 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    I think eating extra protein is good. Your diet looks excellent (at least today's) :)
  • Ronij59
    Ronij59 Posts: 191 Member
    I wonder the same thing. This is my second week and I am just getting used to the site and don't quite understand what it all means. But I wondered about the protein negative as well. Does anyone have an answer? Thanks
  • kentmac
    kentmac Posts: 101 Member
    The protein recommendations by default on MFP are low. Aim for 1g/lb of lean body mass as a good daily target.

You're not going to eat too much protein. The only reason anyone would have trouble with a high protein diet would be kidney disorders, in which case talk to a dietician.
  • Lindsay_N
    Lindsay_N Posts: 100
    You should be getting about .8 grams of protein for every kg of weight you are. That is my minimum amount of protein I aim for. Maybe change your macro settings. MFP had mine set way to low on protein when I joined.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    I agree that the default MFP protein goal is too low. I reset my macros to 40 carbs/30 protein/30 fat. I always have trouble meeting my protein goals! But if I can get around 100 grams a day, I'm happy.