Snacks help

Options
hi guys

So ive been doing this for 5 weeks and havent lost much

im really struggling to find snacks i can have that arent high in carbs, and that are good for me.
i love crackers, musli bars etc but are too high in carb for me, apart from veggie sticks, what else can i have??
any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Replies

• SandieM7
    SandieM7 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Fruit is an excellent snack. It also helps satisfy the need for something sweet.
  • Fantine82
    Options
    Fresh fruit with ff Greek yogurt is good one! I make sugar free fat free jello pudding too
  • bettybo0pxox
    Options
    i find fruit ups my carbs though??
    itherwise i will go over my goal, are there many fruits low in carb
  • luperaz
    luperaz Posts: 26
    Options
    Sugar Free Jello, Almonds, Clementines, Smart Pop Kettle Corn, Dried Apricots, are all really tasty snacks. Pears and Apples too.
  • shareajones
    shareajones Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I love apple slice with peanut butter (found an all natural dark chocolate pb thats amazing)
    sugar free jello snack like pudding or jello
    greek yogurt
    nuts
    protein shake
    whole grain bread with laughing cow cheese wedge or natural fruit spread

btw your snacks should have some carbs some protein and some fat in them.
  • LuckyCheryl
    LuckyCheryl Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Apple and cheese stick works good for me. For protein I eat 1/4 cup of Roasted Edamame seeds (13 grams per serving).
    Hard boiled egg with a few crackers (single serving). Cottage cheese with fruit on top.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Also look at the fiber content & net carbs - there are good carbs (unless you're on a medical dietary restriction; carbs are complex sugar).

Check out Almonds - best snack on earth (Blue Diamond Dark Chocolate Almonds are an evil but healthy snack alternative)
    or sunflower and pumpkin seeds - get with the shell on and you work for your food so eat less.
  • j1wright
    j1wright Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    fat free pudding with a springle of Kashi cereal.

Yogurt with a just a few slices of berries

Jello

peanutbutter on celery

slices of tomato with sprinkled mozzerella and touch of olive oil

String cheese

Nuts

A salad

a boiled egg

Yummy, I am getting hungry just listing food. :)
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I recommend avoiding snacks, and just having meals instead.

Some meals can me fairly quick, and easy, and making enough food for leftovers works well, too.

Fruit, with cottage cheese is pretty good, and low calorie. Protein shakes, and smoothies are easy, and fast if you need something on the go. Boiled eggs work well, too.

Most store bought snacks are high in sugar, or sodium, and are full of empty calories. They are also not very filling.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Nuts, veggies, plain yogurt, beef jerky, cheese
  • karlalband
    karlalband Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same carb overload.
  • Samijames14
    Samijames14 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi bettybo0pxox,

I find really yummy and still good for you, a small hand full of almonds, cut carrot sticks and a little bit of hummus, lots of fruit, cucumber, and a little treat organic peanut butter on celery is a great little snack.

Hope this helps :)