Well... I guess I'm a marathoner!

Options
Hi guys....
Just wanted to share with you my latest success.

Almost exactly a year ago I chose to do something about my alcoholism and get into better shape. I'm down almost 90 lbs from my heaviest weight and only have 10 lbs to go to reach my goal weight.

The best part is I RAN A FREAKING MARATHON! On Saturday, I finished the Hartford ING Marathon with a time of 4:17:01! I couldn't be happier, but I also realize that I have a life time battle ahead. I want to thank you all for your support and well wishes along the way!!

WyJJ3l.jpg

Replies

• blakejohn
    blakejohn Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    congrats brother
  • katseguin
    katseguin Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    that is amazing!! congrats!
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Awesome! So impressed at your kicking the alcohol and then picking up an amazing new hobby. Also 4:17 is a really decent time. Hope you are proud of yourself, I personally think you are quite the inspiration! Way to go!
  • funkyspunky872
    funkyspunky872 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!! :D So proud of you!
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    GREAT job!
  • sirabe
    sirabe Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    that's awesome!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi guys....
    Just wanted to share with you my latest success.

Almost exactly a year ago I chose to do something about my alcoholism and get into better shape. I'm down almost 90 lbs from my heaviest weight and only have 10 lbs to go to reach my goal weight.

The best part is I RAN A FREAKING MARATHON! On Saturday, I finished the Hartford ING Marathon with a time of 4:17:01! I couldn't be happier, but I also realize that I have a life time battle ahead. I want to thank you all for your support and well wishes along the way!!

WyJJ3l.jpg
    That's a GREAT first marathon time!!!
  • ixap
    ixap Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    awesome!!!
  • InPieces3
    InPieces3 Posts: 215
    Options
    Absolutely AWESOME!!! And that was your time for the first time EVER running a marathon??? Wow....seriously you should be PROUD! That is flippin' awesome! Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so awesome that you have over come a bad life changing habit for something that is going to bring you life! (And in my opinion just addicting). That is an awesome first time!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!