I just thought of a post I haven't seen

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    No, if I did that I might not eat enough. I only cut off if I ate enough already.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Naw. The idea behind cutting off your eating is that it helps control calories. If you use MFP and log all your food, there's no reason to use any special tricks to regulate intake. Lots of old-timey diet tricks don't apply if you're accurately counting calories.

Not sure how you have not seen this topic before - its a pretty common theme. But anyway, ^^this.
  • zaph0d
    zaph0d Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    i eat up until i go to bed and not a moment after
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    No cut off time for me...I look at mfp to see If i have any spare calories...If i do...party time....If I don't tough nuts, and I just go to sleep.

LMBO ^^^^^ I literally cracked up.. out loud alone on the couch with my dog .. that is classic..
  • InPieces3
    InPieces3 Posts: 215
    Options
    Interesting post....lol.

I'm a midnight shifter.....so I am up all night most of the time and to be honest I eat when I want pretty much because of that. Like for instance after midnight starts a new day right? Well... that would be my breakfast.... and I usually eat it before 4am (because after that I'm pretty busy working and won't get time to eat) then I get home at 6:30am and after I get the kids on the bus I will eat a small snack and go to the park for a walk/jog. My lunch time is after I wake up at 4pm and my dinner is at 9pm usually. I know...screwed up huh?
    But I really don't see why it matters too much as long as you have the calories to do so in that 24 hour time period. I do try NOT to eat 2 hours before I lay down just because I have acid reflux and it is a HORRIBLE thing to lay down and have that burn and come back up....so I would rather not go through that.
  • JosephVitte
    JosephVitte Posts: 2,039
    Options
    No one's going to stand in between me and the frig either, just not happening, literally. I do not have a cut off time. I live a whacky life, different work hours, sleep hours, eat hours. I wouldn't even consider it (stop time) unless my hours were consistent. At the same rate, I don't mind that I just got done eating some Doritos at 9:30pm. I am tired though, and have to be up at 4:30am........(yawn)
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    No, I don't tell myself when I can't eat. In fact, I eat MOST of my daily calories between the time I get home from work/gym 8:30 pm or later) and bedtime(almost always after 2 am). I try to eat something higher in protein to help my body through my fast at night. I've managed to get below my 2nd GW doing things this way. Is a matter of personal preference.
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    There is no cut off time. People wake up at different times of the day. A person who wakes up at 7am and a person who wakes up at 2pm will eat at different times. The 2pm guy has breakfast when the 7am guy has breakfast.

The only point is to eat your last meal roughly 3 hours before you sleep and/or eating a snack about 1.5 hours before bed.
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    I don't go for stuff like that. I'm in this for the long haul so I think things other than your calorie intake and micronutrients like this are a bit too far.
  • RPerkins726
    Options
    Thanks for that info! When I forgo a light snack before going to sleep when I'm hungry I wake up in the night, still hunry. Now I know a little protein before bed will go a long way.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    The only point is to eat your last meal roughly 3 hours before you sleep and/or eating a snack about 1.5 hours before bed.

^ Why?
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options

^ Why?
    I'm curious, too...
  • amruden
    amruden Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I eat in bed.

Last night was huge plate of Nachos!!

Yummy!!
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Seen this topic a million times.

To answer the question, it doesn't matter how late you eat. You just should aim to be awake at least.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    My rule is eat as late as I like as long as I have the calories left. But never eat once I have gone to bed.... but that's only cos I don't want crumbs in my bed, don't think it matters one bit really. I know your metabolism can slow down a teeny tiny bit when you do to bed, but if you eat first it won't slow down until after that food is processed, just the same way if you had eaten at 5pm instead of 10pm.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options

^ Why?
    I'm curious, too...

Maybe indigestion? Can't think of another reason......
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Not really, because of my hours of work and gym theres nights Im not home until 8.30pm meaning I only eat dinner at 9pm. My only rule I have is no carbs after 6pm so any dinner I do get is usually chicken and veg
  • JasonDetwiler
    JasonDetwiler Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    No. In fact, I had a pint of Hagen Daas last night right before bed. Somehow I didn't turn into a fat kid. Somebody call Dr. Oz.
  • amymt10
    amymt10 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Yes but that's because I dont want to have heartburn all night!!! Its hard to sleep like that!! So I dont eat later than 7pm.
  • mercymarque
    Options
    I use to stop after six but it's hard on days that I work at the urgent care facility. If I'm only working one job and used my crock pot the night before then sure.... I diff try not to eat anything 2-3 hours before going to bed.