Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Wate weight blues

Hi everyone,
So I usually keep a lower carb diet strictly. Not because im all about the low carb fad but because it actually makes me feel better in the long run

however, this weekend I ran a half marathon. I had a huge carb-load session the day before and then kept good nutrition during the race (simple sugars) and then had a bit of a cheat day after thinking that after burning 2k calories i could basically eat anything i wanted.

shockingly, the day after my race i had gained almost 8 lbs!

Is this attributable to water weight? did i just overdo it and seriously gain that much back?

I am kind of shocked about this as i have been doing amazingly well on my own, without calorie conting, and was able to keep my weight steady (between 172-175) for 2 months.

Any advice would be great as im getting really down about this,

Thanks

Replies

• deniseblossoms
    deniseblossoms Posts: 373 Member
    Probably your muscles sucked up a bunch of water. Give it a couple of days to even out.

In order to gain that much you would have had to eaten 10's of thousands of calories.

And congrats on the marathon, quit torturing yourself on the scale:)