Exercise Calories

CaptainJim157
CaptainJim157 Posts: 390
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
'Ello!

Sorry again, but I'm still a bit new to this and I just have a question, I know I'm supposed to eat the calories that I burned by exercising (maybe not all of em, but most) anyways, I put for my goals, 7 workouts a week, 60 minutes each day (my doctor said I need to in order to help my disabilities) so anywho, my calorie goal is 387 calories a day to burn, today I burned 433 calories already, this sounds really silly but I already went above and beyond my time today, and over my calories to burn off, my question is, it won't hurt me if I exercise more today right? It's just that I love to go for walks, and I usually go for 20 minute ones, about 4 times a day, I'm really sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, but I'm just wondering how often I should exercise over my limit of what is says for the day....

Replies

• greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 315 Member
    There is no dumb question, trust me! It is okay that you went over your calorie goal. It's great that you went a bit over, it shows you are able to do more than you thought! While you do not need to eat all the extra calories, do make sure you are taking enough in that you don't go into starve mode. You know your body more than anyone else. At least eat a little snack right after your workout to keep your body fueled. Just listen to your body & take it just enough to feel fueled but not full. This is what I was told by a dietician when I was working out very hard but not taking enough in. I was letting myself get all shaky & that is not good!
  • Ok, thanks! :)
This discussion has been closed.