How many are obsessed with working out?

Options
2»

Replies

• Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Me

6 days a week, 1 - 2 hours a day, and both cardio and strength training.

Get in the way of my working out and feel my wrath :explode:
  • murdie
    murdie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Every single day since Jan 5, 2012 when I started working out! Does that qualify as obsessed?
  • rizzaG
    rizzaG Posts: 110
    Options
    On my rest days I'm totally out of my routine a nd feeling a little cranky. Exercise is definitely a part of my lifestyle. Obsessed? maybe so
  • SuMcP
    SuMcP Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I get very grouchy if I can't workout and even sneak in a walk on rest days. I started out doing just 30 minutes a day (6 days a week) and this has gradually increased to 1-2 hours, only taking a rest day when I have no choice.....obsessed? Little bit I guess!
  • HappilyLifts
    HappilyLifts Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    If you'd have asked me a year ago I'd have said no way! It's a chore! But yes, I get grumpy now if I can't get my cardio and some strength in most days of the week :smile:
    :heart: Love endorphins! :heart:
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I'm seriously obsessed. My husband and I are doing another round of P90X, but I also take Spin classes. My Spin class starts at 5:15 a.m. Tonight I have a meeting after work and want to watch the debate after that. So...I got up super early, did both workouts and 20 minutes of yoga. It's only 10:00 a.m. and I'm so tired! Also, not such a good idea. My legs did not work as well through that second workout. I missed two days last week because I was sick. I worked out extra to "make up" the time when I was feeling better.
  • LifeChangingExp8512
    Options
    I'm so guiltyy!!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    not me, usually. But my 16 yr old is obsessed with doing workout challlenges, I think he is obssessed with me being in PAIN the next day.

for me, it is not a chore, but not an obsession, it is just what it is.. a workout. I need my breaks days though! (or my Chronic Fatigue kicks in full force)
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week. I do it because I love the way I feel. I have one rest day, and it makes me feel like a blob (which I can't stand, rightfully so). I wouldn't say i'm obsessed, I would say i'm dedicated.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    There's a quote that goes something like "Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated". While I don't believe it has to be one way or the other, I work out 6-7 days a week. I just like how a good workout makes me feel and I don't like the way my body feels when I slag off. I'm seeing the results, other people are noticing, and that just pushes me further.
  • Rowan813
    Rowan813 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Others think I am obsessed. I disagree. I work out 6 days a week. I look forward to seeing my friends at the gym. I don't miss a day too often and don't beat myself up if I do. I just missed a whole week because my DH had surgery. I am back and enjoying my routine again. I know i am going to be good and sore later today and will enjoy it.:bigsmile:
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    I thought muscles didn't grow/strengthen on the days you workout, but the inbetween rest days. So if people work out 6-7 days a week do they alternate which muscles they use? (so different muscles have different off days to grow)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I thought muscles didn't grow/strengthen on the days you workout, but the inbetween rest days. So if people work out 6-7 days a week do they alternate which muscles they use? (so different muscles have different off days to grow)

I do. I do one muscle group a day plus legs or abs on the alternating days.
  • Emmenstwin
    Emmenstwin Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It wakes me up even more and gives me an energy boost. If it makes you feel great I say you can't go wrong..
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Dedicated, not obsessed! :laugh: :laugh:

If you think about it, those of us who are active most days are really just doing what evolution has programmed us to do. The move away from hard physical labour is a recent development in the history of humanity; it's those who spend 40 hrs a week in an office and the rest of the week being sedentary that are fighting evolution.......and the results prove it.
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I am, but I only do it 3 days per week.