hard boobs

Options
This probably sounds really weird but I've looked online and I can't seem to find an answer.
I've lost 10.5 pounds so far and my boobs feel less 'squidgy', I thought when I lost weight they would be more soft and feel empty if that makes any sence but they feel harder.
Just want to ask would that be breast tissue and muscle underneath? It's under the whole boob :\
Sorry if this sounds silly.

Replies

• tendumom
    tendumom Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Breast tissue is primarily a fatty tissue. When you lose weight, typically they will change (but not always). How they change depends on your specific body composition and your medical history (age, pregnancy history, etc).
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Without wanting to scare you as it probably is just your chest muscles making things more taught, maybe you should see a doctor if any of the tissue in your breast seems to have hardened, just as a precaution. xxx

But as I said it's probably nothing but if it's concerning you it's worth a visit. xx
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    I really don't know, but if i felt them maybe i could give you an answer..............HAHAHA
  • stevewynjones
    stevewynjones Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    You're 23 so it's probably just fat going and you toning. Time is you your side :)

But as always....go to your DR if YOU'RE worried.
  • helengetshealthy
    helengetshealthy Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I really don't know, but if i felt them maybe i could give you an answer..............HAHAHA

I think this probably is the only way to get the right answer.
  • quitereasonable
    quitereasonable Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Your breasts are fatty tissue, muscle tissue, and mammary glands. When you lose weight, you are losing the fat, so the hardness you feel is the muscle and mammary glands. I read about a lot of people losing weight upset because they lose breast size. This hardly happens to me at all, but my breasts seem to be all mammary tissue (I pumped 100+ ounces of milk a day while nursing) and you aren't losing that without surgery.
  • esl269
    esl269 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I pumped 100+ ounces of milk a day while nursing

Not to go too far off topic, but holy crap.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Sounds like fat loss.
  • millyvanilli321
    millyvanilli321 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I sympathise - my boobs have changed too but unfortunately the opposite way :sad:

One thing that might be worth keeping in mind - the consistency? density? i dunno, how your boobs feel can change throughout your monthly cycle due to hormones. Keep an eye (or hand!) on it, maybe track any changes and if it really is unusual for you then check with your doctor. Nothing wrong with asking, it's always better to be safe than sorry :smile:
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Mine got much firmer..in the sense that when I lay down they don't flop to the side now :laugh:

Done lots of fly raises and I now have two nice mounds :laugh:
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Hooray for all types of boobs................