I'm just... pi**ed!

Options
I have been using MFP on and off for... I dunno. A long time. I did so well... I lost 20lbs and I was only 2lbs away from hitting my first goal... to be under 150lbs for the first time in.... a hundred years it seems. I was SO CLOSE! Then I lost my access to a gym... life happened... I thought... I don't need MFP I can do it on my own... I gained 5lbs back... then I got back into the gym... worked my tail off... paid a trainer for a few months... saw no results. So.. of course I got mad... stopped working out so hard... now I'm almost back up to 160.. I swore I would never get back to 160... and I tried on some pants I haven't worn in a while.... pants I could ALMOST wear comfortably.... I could barely get them on!

So... I'm pi**ed! Enough already! Its not like I eat terrible... Its not like I don't exercise AT ALL! I shouldnt be packing the lbs on for not working out like a fiend! I shouldn't have to stay on the straight and narrow 24-7 for this to work! Now I'm training for a 5K... i run atleast 3x every week... and I'm seeing my endurance increase exponentially! So why isn't this weight just FALLING off??... I'm working my tail off!

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean. I'm sitting in about the same boat as you. I have been at a plateu for several months now. I feel your pain girl.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    You don't have very much to lose so your weight loss is going to slow i'm afraid. It took me almost 3 months to lose 5 lbs. You just have to keep on going and know that you are making a healhtier you.
  • pktbundy
    pktbundy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring yourself? My weight isn't coming off fast and I have been biking, running and swimming like crazy but everyone says I look thinner so I don't care. But, the scale still haunts me. Running and biking uses your big muscles like quads and gluts so you can expect that the muscle mass weighs more than the fat it displaces. Don't forget the training stuff you do now doesn't show up for several weeks. You body has to grow capillaries and stuff to build muscle so it happens slowly. Just keep it up. If you have more self discipline, endurance and feel stronger, thats whats important. You are making an investment in YOU.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Are you making sure to eat all of the calories you burn in your workout? Your body needs the fuel to burn when you're running. I know that, when I wasn't eating enough of my calories, my loss was very slow and sometimes non-existent. When I added in the workout calories it started coming off sooner. Try also changing up your workouts and increasing strength training. That can help you bust through a plateau.
  • sallymurph
    sallymurph Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Have you tried measuring yourself. You'd be surprised how fast weight loss shows in measurements. Give it a shot!