What is your biggest complaint about YOUR gym?

Options

Replies

• Sick_Beard
    Sick_Beard Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Biggest complaint I have is personal trainers giving people incorrect advice
  • lavenderthistle
    Options
    Intimidating, too big, un-friendly, built like a warehouse, too open, rubbish trainers, feels like I'm on a stage where ever I'm working out so I just don't go. Gym name states with a big ole G and it's also a color!
  • reasnableblonde
    reasnableblonde Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    No pool, no indoor track :-(

My only option is to join the Y, which is 20-30 minutes away in a really crappy town, or join the ultra-fancy spa/gym down the street that's over 100 dollars a month for ONE PERSON! So I'm sticking with my no-pool-no-track gym. At least it's clean and the people are awesome.
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Not enough 45's and no 100 lb. plates. Too many people jealous and judgmental. Too many little clic groups where they watch what you do and comment to their partner and he looks over and talks. Don't hate the player, hate yourself for not doing what you should be doing instead of hating on Big Z.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I'm leaving Lifetime Fitness - originally joined because it had cost-effective swimming lessons for the kids, but the classes are a problem.

First, does the music need to be so loud that the instructors shout in their microphones? My ears should not be ringing when I leave the class.

Second, too many ads. Ads on the walls, ads in the bathroom stalls, I get it. But when the local Toyota dealer comes into a class to give a spiel on the new model year...No. This is supposed to be my workout time, for which I am paying.
  • embercakez
    Options
    how freakin' hot it is in there...it feels like hell in there.
  • Kooraloo
    Kooraloo Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    It's a community pool... and as such, they don't clean it. The bottom of the pool is a dark yellow/green from all the mold, there are clumps of hair and bandaids and other nasty things that you end up swimming through a lot, and a super thick layer of chemicals sit on top of the pool (so when all 60 of my teammates & I are in the pool, it churns up the chemicals and makes it hard to breathe, burns your eyes worse than normal pools, and makes you cough & sneeze)
  • adamlb
    adamlb Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Repairs can be very slow
    No squat or power racks, or even the one you use over a bench to rest barbells on.
  • Kburket45
    Options
    I workout at home :P I'm currently doing TurboFire and am doing Insanity afterwards. But when I DID go to a gym, I hated that 90% of the people there were so in shape! I mean, I understand...but they would all just stare at me when I would walk on the treadmill. I even had someone come over once and ask if I would get off because "He actually runs."

18960879.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • happythermia
    Options
    I don't really have one...if it were next door, I'd go more lol!

The cost is pretty high, but it's a really nice facility so I get why
  • toya316
    toya316 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    NEED LATER GROUP FITNESS CLASSES.. I'M A NIGHT OWL...:ohwell:
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    I even had someone come over once and ask if I would get off because "He actually runs."

He was an a**, not a runner.

I am very overweight, and I am sure that I look very funny when I run, but most people at my gym are VERY supportive.
  • Jkmumma
    Jkmumma Posts: 254
    Options
    It's in the mall. And the only way to get to it is to walk through the food court...
  • ramonasowner
    ramonasowner Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    my gym isn't horrible but the classes availability are not what they used to be. And the creepy guy that won't leave me alone, is still freaking me out!
  • beandawgy
    Options
    I wish the 24 hour fitness near me offered more Spin classes. I've got other options for 24's, but they're farther away and I can't make it there in time after I get off work.

I'm lucky enough to have the gym only a 5 minute drive away.
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    and here is another gym complaint thread. i guess i am not picky enough...either that or my gym is awesome :-)
  • echandle12
    Options
    closed other gyms in the area, so its OVERCROWDED
    the best group instructor they have they took away 2 of his classes
    and blah, I am just frustrated with them now
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I love, love, LOVE my gym. I only have one complaint and it's rather minor. The pool doesn't open until 9am, and it's crowded in the evenings. It would be nice if the pool opened at 5:30am when the gym opens so I can swim a few laps before work.
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    The Olympic lifting class was cancelled, and open gym is not at a very convenient time for me. Otherwise, I love my box.
  • babyangel6806
    babyangel6806 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    For the most part I love my gym and really can't complain considering the price (only $20/month), however I do miss the perks of having classes and a swimming pool/sauna room that I had at my old gym (even though I was paying WAY more)