Somewhat of a newbie

Options
Hi,
My name is Liz. I joined myfitnesspal early in the summer but didnt get serious and start using it until September 17. Since then I have lost 14lbs and it feels great. My husband is on this journey with me and he has lost 27lbs. I still have a long way to go but I finally feel like I am on the right track. I am so thankful for myfitnesspal, it has helped me so much in seeing the calories I consume and how many I need each day. I love that I don't feel like I am starving myself and I am still losing weight.
Would love to add some more people for support and motivation. Send me a request if your interested. :)

Replies

• deepuckett1
    deepuckett1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hey SouthernMama, congrats ! Being over 50, I've finally learned that this is a lifestyle change for me, not a diet. It can't be, cause all the 'diets' I've been on before have had the same result....eventual weight gain. So I've become aware of my calorie intake with MFP, I love logging in the exercise but most of all love seeing the pounds lost. My initial motivation was my son's wedding; but now I own that motivation...this is for ME! Make it for you, own it and be proud! I don't post much, but you are more than welcome to add me as your friend.
  • Southernmama80
    Southernmama80 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    *bump* Still looking for some MFP friends for support... Add me if you'd like.