Protein stomach ache?????

Options
Nix143
Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
Ok, for a while I have noticed that if I eat eggs for breakfast I end up with horrible stomach cramps around lunchtime so I tend to steer clear of eggs. Later on in the day I'm fine with them.

Yesterday, on the run, I grabbed some cooked chicken and ended up eating that first thing - and had awful stomach ache yesterday lunchtime.
Today, again, I grabbed some chicken again as I hadn't made any connection (if there is any), had it at my desk for breaksfast and again, here I am with awful stomach cramps again.

So my question is - is it possible that protein first thing could give me a stomach ache????? Or have I just got crazy guts? :huh:

Replies

• teresatt11
    Options
    Nothing hurts my gut unfortunately.. I can't imagine why that would be irritating your tummy. Maybe try a multigrain wrap with your eggs? I roll my egg whites up in one with some salsa((and i need to get my rear back to eating that way)). seems the "bread" portion gives me the feeling of being full .. at least for a lil longer. Maybe it would settle the protein?
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I did a bit of Googling and I probably need to drink more water/go back to oatmeal lol
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have this problem if I use too much protein powder in one day without enough "real" food. Terrible stomach ache!
  • wihappycow
    wihappycow Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My workout partner is the same way. She says she can't eat eggs in the morning. Does it help if you pair your protein with a complex carb? I always seem to feel the best when I eat them together and since I go to the gym in the morning I need all the energy I can get! Good luck and I hope you find what works for you.
  • JJ2787
    JJ2787 Posts: 7
    Options
    If that's all your eating for breakfast your not eating enough you should always add a fruit or vegetable with your protein
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    you have to eat some other foods with protein. not on an empty stomach!