Odd Patterns

Options
For those of you who do a class as I do (I do cardio/strength mixed in a 1 hour session mon-thurs) have any of you noticed any strange pattern in weight loss? I have noticed that during the week when I workout, I stay about the same weight...don't fluctuate much. But when the weekend comes, and I do absolutely nothing (it happens :( ) thats when I end up losing the 2-3 lbs.....and then it all starts over. Don't get me wrong, I love that im losing anything at all, it's just frustrating that when you know your doing the work during the week, nothing moves...and then BAM Laziness hits, and I lose a few lbs....lol. Can anyone relate??

Replies

• Superchikanthem
    Superchikanthem Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I can! Though I know that when I am working out it is because my muscles are repairing themselves and are holding on to water and when you rest it does not need to hold on to as much so it gets rid of it.
  • megdet
    megdet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That makes PERFECT sense....whyyyy didn't I think of that before lol!
  • LMick1986
    LMick1986 Posts: 431
    Options
    I think that's why they tell you that you need to have your rest days. You have to let the muscles rebuild. Through the week, when you're working out, your body will hold onto the things it needs. One example: right after situps, you won't have a flat belly.....in fact, it will look even bigger! But after resting for a while, the belly does what you want it to. I knew a girl that always wanted to do situps right before putting on a skimpy dress. I just have to giggle, because it's not going to work that way. But....I'm no workout or fitness expert. :)
  • megdet
    megdet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hmmm...nice tip!!
  • cbrrabbit25
    cbrrabbit25 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    i think it also takes a while for the weight to come off, so if its a few days after your "good day" that is what is probably happening.