Weigh In's

Will someone please advise me on how often should I be weighing in is it once a month or once a week?

Replies

• icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    You'll get lots of different responses to this question - everywhere from people weighing in several times a day and fretting over gaining ounces, to those who will tell you to ignore the scale and look at measurements, and everywhere in between.

I weight myself 2x a day, morning and evening. The morning weight is what I would consider more accurate, and the evening one (right before I get into bed) is more of a reminder and a motivator. It reminds me that my weight IS going to fluctuate, and and it keeps me mindful of what I'm eating, sometimes preventing me from eating a heavy snack in the evenings. But I also don't obsess over it.

Do what works for you.
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 165 Member
    I weigh myself daily first thing in the morning. I used to post every time I dropped weight even if it was just a little. I have decided to pick one day a week to enter my weight into MFP. I like to watch my daily weight as I can easily tell if I'm having any water retention problems. I don't see any point in weighing more than once a day.
  • I weigh every day just to see where I am at and how the previous day effected me. I weigh myself at the same time of day each day but I only record Thursday's weight each week as my official weight.
  • bugsygal89
    bugsygal89 Posts: 48 Member
    You just have to be careful. I learned when I weigh myself daily that I would lose sight of my overall progress (my weight fluctuates HORRENDOUSLY throughout the day). You can weigh yourself at twice a day to get a feel for how your weight changes but like previously mentioned, only record what you see once a week.