Have any women here had cervical cancer?

Options
I have had abnormal paps for a long time, so I wasn't completely surprised when I had to go in for another colposcopy. Normally my colposcopies come back with few issues, but this time they took a (very painful) biopsy. I'm bleeding lightly between periods and am having pain in my cervix. I also get what feels like light menstrual cramps periodically and completely randomly (before the biopsy, obviously). Basically, I'm nearly certain I have cervical cancer. I'll get the biopsy results later this week and needless to say, I'm terrified.

Has anyone ever had cervical cancer? If so, what were your symptoms? What was your treatment? How are you today?

Thanks in advance. :)

Replies

• meljones
    meljones Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi, it has been a few months since your post but just saw it. How are things for you? Did you get good results?

Btw, I was diagnosed with cervical cancer in August. So if you have any questions feel free to message me!
  • I was diagnosed with cervical cancer in NOV 2012 and had a radical hysterectomy in DEC 2012. Since then I have gained around 15 lbs, and I was already needing to lose around 20 lbs. I am currently cancer free and looking to feel better and lose this weight!

How is everyone else doing?