"ur funny starts and stops at ur muffin top"

Options
Well first of all lets get this out of the way...I am a stand up comedian...
and im on the local scene still... and theres majority of guys around. well one in particular is just a jerk. he's not funny and he got kicked out of the comedy zone bc he was so bad....which i am at the comedy zone, i've been there since august. which i think is a great accomplishmint. this guy doesn't bc he got kicked out. well hes trying to start a new room....(again) bc his last one also failed...

so he was dumping on our home club which is the zone and the ppl who perform there...so some of us were saying stuff back to him. and i say something and he jumps back at me. "Jpaw you need to learn to keep your mouth shut while the adults are talking" and continues to say some other really mean and negative stuff about me for all of the other comics to see. he tells me he doesn't respect me and doesn't think im funny and that "ur funny starts and stops at ur muffin top."

now that hurt...bad....which it shouldnt bc hes stupid and a jerk and not funny....but for someone like me whose always struggled to get the weight off and keep it off....them are fighting words.... it made me extremley mad and upset and it cut me deep....

not only for me trying to lose weight but also ragging on my comedy carrer, i've been doing comedy for almost a year. december will be my year mark. and weight well we all know thats a yo-yo....i guess it hit me harder bc this past month i've struggled pretty bad...

well im done w/ my rant now....-sigh-

Replies

• SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    WHAT A D!CK!!! I'd like to drop kick him in the face and shove him where the sun doesn't shine >:X
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    I can understand the feeling. Like, you KNOW you shouldn't care what THAT person says/thinks, but at the same time, you still do.

Just remember, you are doing something about said muffin, actively improving yourself. He on the other hand, is blaming other people for his failures and refusing to improve himself.
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you were egging him on. All's fair in love and war dear.

Still a ****ty thing to say, but like I said, you were ragging on him.
  • jpaw1002
    jpaw1002 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you were egging him on. All's fair in love and war dear.

Still a ****ty thing to say, but like I said, you were ragging on him.

um no actually i wasn't egging him on. he was talking trash about my home club, i said that he is doing the same thing the club is diong AND he used to perform at this club....so hello pot this is kettel. so he didn't like the fact that i called him out and said he was the same. so thats ok to go on and tell someone their a terrible human being and their funniest part about them is their fat?!

yeah great advice bro :grumble:
  • peuglow
    Options
    so he was dumping on our home club which is the zone and the ppl who perform there...so some of us were saying stuff back to him. and i say something and he jumps back at me.

You didn't get into the specifics of what you said. I assumed because you 'say something' it was something negative, otherwise he wouldn't have retailiated. If you want some grown-up advice, it's this - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything. OR, if you want to say what's on your mind (like I normally do) make sure you have thick skin.
  • jpaw1002
    Options
    i do have thick skin thanks, and if one more person makes an adult comment i swear to god im going to flip out...im not 15 or 12. i'm 22. what do you have to be to be considered and adult these days?? I tell him the truth tell him how he looks and what he does and im the bad person. makes sense. theres a difference about talking about business and then attacking somebody personally about themselves...
  • Gramps251
    Gramps251 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Play in the mud with pigs and you'll get dirty. Ignore the jerk.
  • askcupid117
    askcupid117 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    You are so beautiful! Don't listen to him he is just jealous because you are better than him at being a comedian. Also I know the feeling about always struggling to have someone take you seriously when you are young. I'm 28 and in my field (accounting) people still think I am a baby and I don't know what I am talking about. Over time though you earn their respect and they take you seriously. Just give it time.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    At the risk of asking the obvious......if this guy sucks why did you bother going to check out his new gig?
  • bradthemedic
    bradthemedic Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Weight, comedy... Everything aside I have to tell you that you're GORGEOUS.
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Hey you, you can lose that muffin top but he'll ALWAYS be a douche.

Win for you x
  • peuglow
    Options
    i do have thick skin thanks, and if one more person makes an adult comment i swear to god im going to flip out
    Clearly you don't if you read the second half of your statement.

Anyway, hope you find the support you're looking for here.
  • MellyGibson
    MellyGibson Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    You said it yourself, "Them's fighting words".

GO KICK HIS *kitten*!!!

(And sell tickets to make a little extra dough).
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    How would you handle a heckler?
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    that's what comics do - they make fun of other people. Don't you have to have thicker skin to be a performer? Never been booed? I'd just show up next time in pants that fit better and smooth it out, and not ever let him think he got to me.

also I"m LOLing at the 22 comment.
  • joselo2
    joselo2 Posts: 461
    Options
    I hate that kind of 'comedy' that tinks it is so edgy and cool but actually just gets cheap laughs from being rude to people. I hate that it seems to be 'in' right now. Any cheeky kid in primary school can pull that, nothing clever about that!!! *hugs* xxxxxx
  • ethansmug
    ethansmug Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I snuck a peek at your pics and you are pretty damn fine. That being said, his retort although hurtful was actually pretty funny.

I would think that as a comedian you would be able to find the humor in damn near anything and roll with the punches, I do hope you had a nice comeback at least.

Also, do you have any recordings of your stand-up? I always enjoy finding great new comedians to listen to =]
  • jpaw1002
    Options
    i wear jeans that fit thanks, and a top that is loose and covers my arms. every time i perform. i want to feel comfortable withen myself. and thank you to the ppl who are being kind...

to the heckle comment: its different when its one of ur "co-workers" when you don't know the person their easy to take down. and i dont do edgy comedy and be rude for people to have the chance to heckle me...difference between a good comic and bad one. i stay away from those topics....bc im not here to insult ppl..

to the person who asked why did i check out his gig? i didn't it was posted on fb on our comedy forum for everyone to see and it helps us keep updated wth the latest of whats going on withen the comedy world. and new shows going on.
  • jpaw1002
    Options
    I snuck a peek at your pics and you are pretty damn fine. That being said, his retort although hurtful was actually pretty funny.

I would think that as a comedian you would be able to find the humor in damn near anything and roll with the punches, I do hope you had a nice comeback at least.

Also, do you have any recordings of your stand-up? I always enjoy finding great new comedians to listen to =]

trust me, i'm using that as material now. :) and thank you...lol
    yes i do have recordings of me go to youtube and look up jpaw and there should be some things to come up, i also have a fan page on facebook the name on there is also Jpaw
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    WHAT A D!CK!!! I'd like to drop kick him in the face and shove him where the sun doesn't shine >:X

Love it !!!