Insanity

Options

Replies

• jonesdav254
    jonesdav254 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I've done two rounds (not back to back) of Insanity. I'm also a P90X enthusiast. Insanity is touch, but you can make great progress with the program. Just stay with it. MODIFY as you need to...I did initially....now not so much. Watch the people in the background or off to the side, there will typically be someone who is less fit that is modifying a move and you can mimic them. As you get more fit, try to follow strict form.

I strongly recommend a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM). Insanity is SO intense, that it is difficult to gauge your level of calories burned without an HRM. The investment in an HRM is WELL worth the money since you will be much more accurate when tracking your calories burned.

You are WISE to get friends on MFP that are following the same plan and can share tips and insight with you. If I can be of assistance or you'd like positive encouragement while doing doing Insanity, feel free to add me as a friend.

Best of luck to you!

Dave
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I just joined here and did Day 4 of INSANITY this morning. I would love other MFP friends to help motivate me (and sympthasize with whatever sore muscles INSANITY gave me that particular day... like yesterday, my lower back was super sore, but today I'm feeling pretty good).
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I'm only two weeks from the end, and believe me, it goes by FAST!

As far as how to log it, if you don't have a HRM, this is what I used:

http://www.everydayhealth.com/food-fitness/exercise-activity/calories-burned-conditioning-exercises

Just put in your weight and minutes for each exercise and it calculates an approximate burn.

Something that I love is reading daily Insanity blogs from people here, I always found it super motivating; I have one at www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/1concretegirl

And a few others that I like are www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/danasings and www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/clur85

Good luck to you all!
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Insanity on Monday!! <3! Feel free to add me luvz. x
  • Ninjoe42
    Options
    Hi there folks, just joined the site but I've always been curious about the INSANITY and P90X workouts. Are they something that you guys can reccomend? They seemed awful expensive to risk at, thanks!
  • cerievans12
    Options
    Ah, this is great!
    I started insanity this week and today is my rest day. Even after the fit test I was ruined, and I swear profoundly at Shaun T every time he makes me do some form of squat exercise!
    I'm really enjoying it so far, and feel a little lost without a workout today, although my body is delighted that I'm not throwing it around my living room...
  • kcdooling
    Options
    It's completely worth it! Although, I got mine for free =) so that helped. I'm ending day 4 and already I've lost weight and can see my body changing. DO IT MAN! or regret it forever lol

P.S. I've done P90X and Insanity is by far given me the fastest results. Just stay on that diet dude.
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've finished 1 round of Insanity and now just 2 weeks shy of finishing a P90x/Insanity 90 day Hybrid.
    I am starting a challenge/accountability group to begin another round of Insanity or P90x on beginning November 4th if interested.
    I've lost a total of 5" off my waist this past year, 3" as a direct result of Insanity. Message me if interested.
  • charelg
    charelg Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I'm on day four of insanity, and I'm soooo,sore, what a workout! It's hard but I think will be great results.
  • Ninjoe42
    Options
    It's completely worth it! Although, I got mine for free =) so that helped. I'm ending day 4 and already I've lost weight and can see my body changing. DO IT MAN! or regret it forever lol

P.S. I've done P90X and Insanity is by far given me the fastest results. Just stay on that diet dude.

Where'd you get it for free?
  • glitterballv
    glitterballv Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    just done day 4, cardio recovery. well that was better than I thought!! lunges hurt tho!

definitely a little nervous to do pure cardio tomorrow, and also meant to be heading out for a little run with a friend :)
  • cerievans12
    Options
    Day 9 done, and today was measure/way day too. I'm happy with everything so far, although I seemed to have gained weight rather than lost it, I've gone from 84.9 kg's to 85.2kg's. I know that's very little, but was I right in expecting to loose weight at the start?
    I know weighing can be misleading, so I'm not getting hung up on it, and besides I've lost cm's from the area where my abs once lived!
    I'm also finding harder as each day passes. Initially my legs were in bits after the first few days, I've already done more squat variations than I ever wanted to... Now I'm finding that I even have to push myself through the warm up, is this normal?
    I'm developing a serious love/hate relationship with Insanity...
  • jayaprathappsg
    jayaprathappsg Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I started today, did the fit test and man I almost threw up at the end of it. It was intense.
    Looking forward to losing some weight and belly fat
  • MonieMack
    Options
    I am going to start insanity on Monday the 22nd. I am looking for others who are also starting right around that time for support. I am also planning on using the nutrition guide. The food choices seem reasonable and the substitute foods are good for picky eaters like me.
    I will be starting that day :)
  • justiningham
    justiningham Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    A new group for Insanity - I have been looking for others starting out.

I started on 7th October and have just started week 3 - the first few days were hard work, but it is such a motivational exercise programme that I am loving it. I have just completed the second fit test - much better results.

I am not following the nutrition, however I am using the calories and macros so will have 40:40:20 diet - and in the last 3 weeks been quite close to achieving this every day :¬D

Anyway - good luck everyone!
  • LadyVeng3ance
    LadyVeng3ance Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    How hard is insanity exactly? What do you need to do it?
  • justiningham
    justiningham Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    How hard is insanity exactly? What do you need to do it?

It is hard on the legs to start with, and you get what you put in... i.e. if its too hard you can stop, catch your breath and rejoin.

All you need is a TV, DVD player (for the DVD's) and some space... the rest is motivation!
  • Heavyd2g
    Heavyd2g Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 today. Good luck, follow as best you can and you will start to see results fast !
  • PattyC64
    PattyC64 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I just started month 2 today. AllI can say is "AHHH!!!". It's like they combined all my worst fears from Month1 into a single move. There's a move that includes push-up jacks, ski abs, plank runs, etc! Anyway, it's great. It's just a longer than Month 1. I have to modify moves, but not as much as before. I can't jump has high as they do, and my push-ups are pitiful.

I didn't lose much in Month 1 and didn't see any results with the measuring tape. I started MFP 2 weeks ago, which has helped my results. I also read that a lot of people see their results in Month 2.

I also bought a heart rate monitor, which I didn't have for Month 1. I burned 570 calories in today's workout!
  • squirrelythegreat
    squirrelythegreat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    17 days left of my first full run through Insanity after getting hung up with illness/life in the past. Stick with it! Dig Deeper!