diet/energy pills

ljbouse
ljbouse Posts: 129
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I work (4) 10hr days. I get up in the morning at 3 to be to work by 5. Does anyone have any suggestions on over the counter weight loss/energy pills that really work. I would prefer to not spend over $20-$25 on them.

Replies

• I've tried a few but have only noticed more energy, not help with the weight loss. The one I'm using now is QuikTrim, honesly right now I'm only using them cause I spent 30-40 dollars on them at GNC and don't want to have wasted the money. I probably won't purchase any more and just jug more water, its helped with the energy for me. (Mom of four with deployed hubby).
  • pamh5555
    pamh5555 Posts: 191 Member
    I take the one a day weight smart advanced. This way i get my multi vitamin and whatever else is in there to help my diet. Remember to take on a full stomach. I try to exercise in the morning but it sounds like you are not able. I would then try to do something at home after work. Just 30 minutes. If you have the comcast on demand, you can use the free exercise tv. they have lots of great workouts on there. I would recommend the walking away the pounds one to start. I have lost 10.5 lbs on this since Dec 1. I am not in any kind of workout shape. I started by trying to do the one mile show every day. then i tried doing it twice a day. I am now up to doing the two mile show twice a day.
  • FYI DR. OZ is doing a show Tuesday about diet/engery pills and how they affect the body. May be helpful show to wathc.
  • NewBeginning2010
    NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
    I LOOKED UP THE DR OZ SHOW IT SAID WED BUT THANK YOU I WILL DEF BE WATCHING! IF YOU HAVE INSURANCE AND CAN GO TO A DOC THAT HELPS WITH WEIGHT LOSS MAYBE THEY CAN HELP GIVE YOU SOMETHING....
  • ljbouse
    ljbouse Posts: 129
    Thanks for all your suggestions. I was taking the green tea diet pill and actually seem to have lost more weight since i quit taking them. So now I am just going to continue watching what I eat and exercising.
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    The pill most often prescribed by physicians is Phentermine. It is usually prescribed in 15mg capsules, but does come in higher strengths. I was prescribed this to try and jump start my weight loss a few years ago. I had very high blood pressure due to my weight, so the doctor was wanting to try something to help curb my snacking cravings. It worked, but at a cost. I lost 15lbs within a month, but as soon as I stopped, I gained it right back.

Also, phentermine is NOT covered by most insurance companies. I paid about $25 for 30 capsules in 2008; not sure of the cost now. However, be very careful with the drug. Phentermine was one of the original ingredients of Phen-Fen. I was shocked that my doctor even prescribed phentermine for me as I had a heart attack at 17 yo and have suffered from irregular heartbeat and high blood pressure since then. But, we were desperate to get the weight off.

Be very cautious of OTC energy/weight loss pills...even the ones you find at GNC, etc. Guarana extract and caffiene in those pills can have very adverse reactions. Also, if you are on any anti-depressant medications, ALWAYS check with your doctor if you can even try these pills. The reactions can be deadly such as blood vessel constriction in the brain/lungs/heart.
This discussion has been closed.