Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Visualising weight loss, 1 pound of fat in volume

Basically it's all very well knowing you've lost 8 and a half pounds of (hopefully) fat, but I wanted to know what that looked like in volume (procrastinating master class), so in doing a half arsed bit of internet research found a lipo clinic website that was explaining that the most they usually extract in a session is about 4 litres of fat which equates to just a little over 8 pounds.

So basically my 8 and a half pounds of fat loss means that I've done the equivilent of opening a tap on my body and filling 2, 2 litre bottles of coke with my fat or a US Gallon or 7 British pints. Woot!

:D

Replies

• chaosofthegalaxy
    chaosofthegalaxy Posts: 1 Member
    Great representation!!!! 8 pounds sounds like A LOT when you put it like that :)
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    I have now lost 10 and a half pint glasses or 6 litres of fat, woot! :P (assuming I've lost pure fat)

I also have also found a more accurate formula for body fat volume/weight although my fudged one was pretty close

fat = 0.9g/1ml

Ps sorry to bump this unpopular thread but this is more for my benefit and bumping it up my topics :P
  • animatorswearbras
    animatorswearbras Posts: 1,001 Member
    Wow! brushes 16 month layer of dust off archeological thread find

Since my restart I've lost just shy of 3 litres or 5 and a quarter pints of fat, Woot!

*does little dance*

Bye self serving time capsule thread! Will resurrect you in June with my pintage - to future June self *waves* you look THE f*cking *kitten*! How many pints? Wow you're (and by extension I'm) awesome, go you/me! *self five*
  • Edensienna
    Edensienna Posts: 180 Member
    I think that's awesome to visualise a litre of fat leaving the body, puts those weightloss numbers into perspective!

Thanks for sharing :)
  • Rainboots80
    Rainboots80 Posts: 218 Member
    I always visualize it by pounds of butter which is 4 stick per pound.
  • brandi_kae
    brandi_kae Posts: 22 Member
    Great visual. Still have a few more stick of butter to shed ;)
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,033 Member
    I saw a picture that gave me a great visual. Three pounds of fat is about equal to the volume of three grapefruits. Three pounds of muscle is about equal to the volume of three tangerines. Waiter, can I exchange these twelve grapefruits for twelve tangerines please?
  • lecounth
    lecounth Posts: 42 Member
    My favorite visual is that a cinder block weighs 25 pounds. After having lost a total of more than 150 pounds (from my highest) I can't imagine that I was carrying 6 cider blocks worth of weight!
  • jessspurr
    jessspurr Posts: 258 Member
    My dogs' food bag weighs 40 pounds. Every time I have to carry it down my stairs to my house I think about how heavy 40 pounds is. No wonder I was so tired all the time!
  • krennie8
    krennie8 Posts: 301 Member
    This definitely helps visualize what I've lost b/c I swear my measurements haven't changed! (well not entirely true, but I didn't take any measurements around my middle of "sucked in" before; I can def suck in much, much more than before; also my underbust is 1.5" smaller). Scary though to think I was carrying probably an extra 2 2-liter bottles worth of fat in my midsection. Still have a ways to go but that's progress for sure!