Weekends....ugh!!

Options
I know all us working folks love to hear that the weekend is just about here, but the weekend is also the time that I get off course as well. My trainer has yelled at me many times about this. "All the hard work you put in during the week is just wasted!!"

My family and I are always on the move during the weekends and it's so hard to stay on track, not to mention, that's when I get to have my cocktails!

So does any one out there have any helpful suggestions because believe me, I am open to any of them!!!

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Self restraint. That is the only real answer to give. Learn how to fit in what you enjoy during the weekends into your fitness/nutritional goals. If you are going to have a splurge meal, then do it, and try to get a longer work out in that day or the next. I know I go out to eat Saturday nights with my wife and that usually includes a martini(or two). I don't sweat it because I know for the week I'm still under my calorie goal and going over my intake by a few hundred isn't going to make that big of a difference. the key is to learn moderation.
  • iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on that.
    I work at home, so all week I can be sure I have the right foods at hand. Go in to the weekend and I struggle. I can generally keep somewhere below my max calories, buy my macros go to hell. In particular, the carbs and fat overtake the protein in an ugly way.