weight loss with walking alone?

Options
2»

Replies

• mensasu
    mensasu Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    also, will walking give me a butt? im so apple shaped, its not even funny.
    Nope, I walk a lot often do 2 9k walks a week with several other shorter ones on the other days. My butt was as flat as a pancake until I started doing squats, not weight bearing, just simple squats 3 sets of 10 - that's all my knee can handle. I'm now starting to see a rounder butt.
  • judykmmg
    judykmmg Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have lost 33 pounds to date. I count calories and I walk for exercise - but not everyday. I try to, but life gets in the way LOL. When I do walk it's at least 2 miles - done in 30 minutes or less. Walking has toned up every part of my body. I still have 32 pounds to lose and a lot more toning! The added bonus to walking is the flexibility. I have become more flexible since walking. (I do some simple stretches to warm up and to cool down.) Good luck!
  • toofat2toofit
    toofat2toofit Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jordypooo
    jordypooo Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    how fast did you all get the results?
  • Slack2ShortGo
    Slack2ShortGo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I use walking as my only form of exercise right now and have lost 16 lbs. in the last 45 days doing it. Every day at lunch I take my dog for a 15-20 minute walk. (Depending on the weather) I also take her for another walk in the evening that lasts about 20-30 minutes. I log my calories everyday and stay under my allowed calorie intake. My legs and butt are the first place I noticed myself losing weight. I am still a long way from my goal but I plan on stepping up my routine to running and strength conditioning once I reach the 250 lb. mark. It takes a lot of will power to make yourself go for a walk every day but after seeing the results I plan on sticking with it while it works. Good Luck!
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    also, will walking give me a butt? im so apple shaped, its not even funny.

OMG! I just tried on a much needed pair of yoga pants....I'm and apple on toothpicks! :frown: So, I can't answer your question yet but OMG I hope something changes soon on my end!

Regarding your question of how long did/does it take? I've been losing a little over 2lbs/week since June '12. I'm adding more exercise as I get more fit. I lost 2.3 lbs/week walking and meticulously logging food. If I went over my goal I walked more to make up for it. How long will it take you? It's in your hands. A healthy rate is 2 lbs/week. That's what my MFP goals are set to be. I'm sure that as I get closer to my goal weight it will slow down. Be patient! Do what MFP says to do and it will come off!

Oh! And I strongly recommend a heart rate monitor. My actual calories burned are quite a bit lower than MFP says they are.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!