NEED FRIENDS WHO KNOW HOW TO MAINTAIN.

Options
Hi,
I am 5 foot 3 inches, and I let myself get up to 177 which was a 42 lb weight gain in 4 years. I was lazy, didn't work out, ate loads of calories, anything I wanted (which more often then not) was junk and I was not happy. I started avoiding the camera, I rationalized for myself, ah.. you've gained this much,. who cares, your a grandma now, grandmas can be fat, etc.. but in reality, I was sleeping alot! Just to get through the day and into the next so I could sleep it away too.. WHY Was I sleeping my one and only life away? Because I was disgusted with myself.

For whatever reason, on a Sunday morning this past May 6, 2012, I woke up early (7:30am) and my head was there. Correctly motivated. I said to my husband, "I am TOO fat and today, I am going to do something about it! Want to run with me?" He said yes, so off to the track at the local high school we went. I could barely make on lap and when I started walking, I was gasping for air and wanted to unzip my chest so I could breathe! It was pathetic. But I was determined and decided every day, I was going to do at least 30 minutes of some activity. Walking, running, the Gazelle, the treadmill, something and I started really watching my calories. (no more ice cream)

I had trouble the first week with running cause the sneakers I was wearing was giving me shin splints. I thought, well, that's if, I can't run. But then my daughter advised me to use the Vibram Five Finger shoes. I borrowed hers and used them for 3 weeks.. no more shin splints so I went out and bought a pair. By now, I was down 9 lbs and already a dress that I had in my closet fit me BETTER.. not a great loss, not a big thing to see, but I knew I was on my way and kept at it. So here I am, almost 6 months later and I am down 38 lbs as of this morning. I am SO close to being back to my weight from 2008 of 135. I will get there and then the really hard part will kick in. Maintaining. I have never mastered that and really hope this site helps me to do so.

Anyone who has been successful in maintaining, I would love to have you on my friends list!

Thanks!

Replies

• gargisingh
    gargisingh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    bump!
    I would love to have some support of maintainers too!
  • joanneg572
    joanneg572 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Joanne from Alberta, Canada.
    I've been on MFP since May 2012 and am now on maintenance.
    After years, of yoyo-ing up and down, I am VERY committed to keeping the weight off FOREVER!
    I'd love to add active accountability partners (esp.45+ with open diaries) to give and receive support!
    PLEASE ADD ME!
    joanneg572:flowerforyou: