Weightloss & Friends

Hello, everybody. I just want to vent and possibly get some feedback.

So, a good friend of mine has lost a lot of weight and I'm genuinely ecstatic for her. But I'm realizing that she's acting differently, almost downright nasty to me. When I was working out with a kettlebell, she kept saying how stupid and pointless they were and that SHE prefers hardcore workouts. When I began the paleo lifestyle, she called it stupid and silly. When I started Zumba, she called it, you guessed it, stupid. It's like every time I find something I like, she never fails to point out how stupid it is. The thing is, I've been successful with weightloss, too. I've lost close to 100lbs so I know I'm doing something right. I also realize that one thing isn't for everybody. Anyway, one time we were grocery shopping and I turned down a "healthy" snack because it had too much sodium and she shook her head and laughed at me, calling my eating habits ridiculous. That's when I snapped and nearly left her at the store.

I don't get it. We're both having success. I really wanted us to reach our goal weights together but her attitude has driven me away. Anyone have any ideas or opinions about her behavior and what caused it?

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Hello, everybody. I just want to vent and possibly get some feedback.

So, a good friend of mine has lost a lot of weight and I'm genuinely ecstatic for her. But I'm realizing that she's acting differently, almost downright nasty to me. When I was working out with a kettlebell, she kept saying how stupid and pointless they were and that SHE prefers hardcore workouts. When I began the paleo lifestyle, she called it stupid and silly. When I started Zumba, she called it, you guessed it, stupid. It's like every time I find something I like, she never fails to point out how stupid it is. The thing is, I've been successful with weightloss, too. I've lost nearly 100lbs so I know I'm doing something right. I also realize that one thing isn't for everybody. Anyway, one time we were grocery shopping and I turned down a "healthy" snack because it had too much sodium and she shook her head and laughed at me, calling my eating habits ridiculous. That's when I snapped and nearly left her at the store.

I don't get it. We're both having success. I really wanted us to reach our goal weights together but her attitude has driven me away. Anyone have any ideas or opinions about her behavior and what caused it?

All that fat loss uncovered the inner ***** in her:mad: She doesn't sound like much of a friend!
  • Haha, that is true! We're not really friends anymore but sometimes I find it hard to believe that fact, especially considering how close we were. At least we live in different states now. :P