RUNNING and Protien Drinks

Options
2»

Replies

• GCLyds
    GCLyds Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how the crabs aid in running, but carbs are definitely needed for endurance running. The crabs on the other hand sound like tasty incentive for after the run.

So there's this app like "Run Zombies, Run" but it's called "Run Crabs! Run". It's set in a post-nuclear holocaust time when radiation has caused the mutation.....

Damn you. I thought you were for real. LMAO.
  • JamieCRodriguez
    JamieCRodriguez Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    OK...I get it! I need to eat more & protein drinks are better post workout! Got it! Just to set the record straight....I have NOT been eating so few calories on purpose, I just haven't had much of an appetite the past few weeks and didn't feel the need to force myself to eat when not hungry. I know I'm not taking in enough calories, that's why I was considering adding the shake. Also....I have NOT been bonking during my workouts. I will say I have been craving more carbs, now that I think about it, and last week started eating more clean carbs like fruit. Thanks everyone for the input. Looks like I've got some adjustments to make. : )
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I eat a high protein diet but if I'm going to be running or doing cardio, I make sure I lay off the protein at least two hours beforehand, it's not much fun running or hitting the elliptical with your stomach churning!

Some carbs at some point in the day before cardio is what I typically aim for - I do drink a protein drink even after HIIT or standard cardio.