healthy zucchini and/or eggplant reicpes please

Options
2»

Replies

• phoebeleb
    phoebeleb Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the great recipes and ideas!!!
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    bump
  • newjuli2012
    Options
    Eggplant Lasagna Recipe - I’ve had eggplant lasagna on many occasions, but always with the noodles, so I decided to use the eggplant in place of the noodles, thus keeping the hearty comfort food a little healthier.

how many does this serve ??
  • dancerom
    dancerom Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jw17695
    jw17695 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Eggplant steak. Cut nice. thick slices. Add a little bit of olive oil and sprinkle with steak seasonings. Throw them on the grill.
  • _lizzie_
    _lizzie_ Posts: 130
    Options
    Try just cubing eggplant or zucchini and then put it in your favorite meat sauce recipe. Skip the noodles, the veggies are enough! I love it, so easy and low carb/cal! Add plenty parmesan, its pretty low cal and high flavor for a cheese :-)
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Ratatouille! It's versatile, and you can keep it vegetarian or add meat; I love making it in the colder months, and it's super easy.

Slice up your eggplant, zucchini, and any other vegetables you wish- I use onion, tomato, and mushrooms;

mince up some fresh garlic, saute in olive oil until golden brown, add vegetables and seasonings- I use oregano, salt, pepper, basil and crushed red pepper

You can add cheese, meat, or pretty much anything else you want, or keep it simple like above. Cook on medium heat until everything is firm but tender.

Enjoy!
  • bethannlarson
    bethannlarson Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bluechip777
    bluechip777 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Coconut Cilantro Zucchini Noodles

all measurements are approx but go crazy if ya want on seasonings!!!

1- 2 Zucchini (italian squash) ---- julienne w/ skin
    1/8 t. Tony Chachere's Seasoning
    1/8 t. onion powder
    1/8 t. garlic powder
    1 T. unsweetened shredded coconut
    2 t. coconut flour (bob's red mill brand)

**mix and toss all of above in a ziploc bag or sealed container**

sautee in 1 T. coconut oil
    top w/ 1 T. chopped, fresh cilantro

if you do not have a julienne slicer, DO NOT make this--- it will not taste the same! you want it to look like spaghetti.

I make this w/ italian turkey meatballs in sauce --- I DIE! yummeh

I
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    taunto had an amazing eggplant curry he posted on here a little while back. You should do a search for it. I tried it, and it turned out amazing!
  • mirasolabeille
    Options
    Sautéed Garlic Eggplant

Peel and dice 1 large eggplant. Melt 2 tbsp. butter in a saucepan, add 3 tbsp. minced garlic, and sauté until just beginning to turn golden. Add eggplant and continue to cook on medium heat until the eggplant softens. Season with 1 tbsp. garam masala or curry paste/powder.

I like to add 1/4 c. chopped dates to this - the sweetness is an incredible contrast to the smoky spiciness of the garlic and curry and the soft buttery eggplant. Another optional add-in: shredded chicken or pork or a foil packet of tuna. Roll it up in low carb tortillas or spread it on Wasa flatbread crackers.