Long Hair - Wash after every workout?

Options
13»

Replies

• joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    No ... I wash every 2 - 4 days and the sweat doesn't really bother me! I have long curly hair and I find it actually looks better as the week improves :wink:
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I wash my hair only 3 times a week, but if it's a sweaty workout on a non wash day I rinse with water. I wear a bandana as a headband while I workout as it helps with the hair and with the glasses not wiggling as much.
  • Soobies
    Soobies Posts: 8
    Options
    Google CO WASHING. :D It's amazing.
  • CharleneM723
    CharleneM723 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Wash and condition every morning and again at night. My hair is colored and highlighted with 40% peroxide. I also swim and am in the sun a lot. Blow dry and curl or straighten most days too. No damage, still super silky soft. It smells awful even if I don't work out. Sometimes I even shampoo twice. I've considered having oil rigs drilled on my scalp to supplement my income.
  • random_user75
    random_user75 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Long hair is so irritating. I wash it every other or every third day and I always make sure my hardest, most sweaty workout is on wash days. It's a PITA. :grumble:

This, but I need the length to weigh my hair down. Too bad my hair only got curly and big when I hit my 20s; it would have ROCKED in the 1980s.
  • Leggylass
    Leggylass Posts: 215
    Options
    My hairs naturally curly and down to my waist when curly , i have to wash it every day and if i workout or im going out that night i have to wash it again or i just feel scummy.

Dry shampoo is great for straight hair , but i would recommend a good deep moisturising shampoo and conditioner.