Do some people naturally weigh more?

Options
Hi I am 5 foot three and 159 lbs. I watch what I eat and regularly work out. I have never been super small always very athletic build. Even when I played high school sports and was much younger, I still hovered around 150. I am not obsessed with the weight thing but I would love to see the 140's. Considering how hard I work-out! I try to keep to a 1300- 1400 calorie diet,eating a lot of fruits and veggies, of course I have the weekend binges, where I am closer to 1600, but really if I have to watch it that closely, I am not sure it is worth it! Any thoughts appreciated!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 5 foot three and 159 lbs. I watch what I eat and regularly work out. I have never been super small always very athletic build. Even when I played high school sports and was much younger, I still hovered around 150. I am not obsessed with the weight thing but I would love to see the 140's. Considering how hard I work-out! I try to keep to a 1300- 1400 calorie diet,eating a lot of fruits and veggies, of course I have the weekend binges, where I am closer to 1600, but really if I have to watch it that closely, I am not sure it is worth it! Any thoughts appreciated!

Are you referring in a round about way to set point theory?
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    Short answer...yes. I think that some people do. Even in twin studies reared apart I believe that they've shown genetics to play a part in weight.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Some people absolutely weigh more. We refer to them as "heavier".
  • 20tulipgirl20
    Options
    I think that some people do naturally weigh more. I would think that if a person was big boned, that he/she would weigh more even after dieting etc.