Cupcake **Really** 500 calories?

Options
My admin got cupcakes for boss's day. Of course I had to eat one - didn't want to insult her. So I went to enter it and got that it was 500 calories! Can that be true. It seems like a lot. It wasn't even that big. It was your standard store bought cupcake...

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Of course it's possible, but it's hard for us to tell you unless you tell us the brand/type..

Keep in mind that most of the information here is entered by other users and is typically wrong. I'd look it up online to find another source for information.
  • happythermia
    Options
    It's totally possible. I almost picked up a couple pumpkin spice muffins yesterday...until I saw that they were 475 CALORIES EACH! (according to the nutrition info on the back)

ARGH! lol
  • xtrout
    xtrout Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Yes, it can easily be true. Especially if its one of those gourmet style cupcakes you see on TV on Cupcake Wars or similar.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I normally find the cupcakes I have had on occasions come in around 350-375 calories, but its quite possible that it could be that high, especially if it had a lot of frosting.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    It's totally possible. I almost picked up a couple pumpkin spice muffins yesterday...until I saw that they were 475 CALORIES EACH!

ARGH! lol

I know, right!? Craziness. I've been baking my own for around 130 cals (frosting included!). Cupcakes/muffins tend to have crazy high calorie counts.