eating junk food and still losing?

Options

Replies

• doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I think it works for some people. It doesn't work for me...
  • funsteps
    funsteps Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want as long as I can stay within my daily calories. If I have 300 calories left at the end of the day, I'll eat a candy bar. I'm consistently losing weight.
  • Miche11e5
    Miche11e5 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Nearly every day, but not as much as I used to. Life is too short to eat nothing but twigs and berries. :wink:
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    If you eat unclean foods it will stop weightloss immediately, 100% clean eating is the way to go

really, look this person is clearly uninformed and makes grandiose ignorant statements. He considers fake butter totally healthy and can be found extremely rude on certain posts.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Hmm...according to some people, several things that I regularly eat are "junk." I would rather think of them as nutritionally challenged treats.
  • hikeout470
    Options
    I never eat things like "snack cakes" and processed "box dinners" and basically most things created in a lab.
  • Jester522
    Jester522 Posts: 392
    Options
    I could lose weight and eat only ice cream if I wanted to, but I never said it's a good idea.

Weight loss = calories in< calories out. Bottom line.
    Where it comes from, now that's another story.
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    If you eat unclean foods it will stop weightloss immediately, 100% clean eating is the way to go

Didn't some guy lose weight on a diet of only Twinkies? Those definitely aren't clean eats. Everything in moderation. Eat well 80% of the time and you will see results.
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Yup - I had Tostitos along with my chicken caesar salad tonight. They're whole wheat, 12 chips is one serving, 140 calories. I had carrot cake for dessert too - Weight Watchers, one cake has 80 calories. That's junk food, right? :wink:
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options

really, look this person is clearly uninformed and makes grandiose ignorant statements. He considers fake butter totally healthy and can be found extremely rude on certain posts.

Would you say that your post is a delightful ray of sunshine?
  • Sabrina__26
    Options
    I eat junk food pretty much every day and still have managed to lose weight. In the evening I'm so used to having something sweet with my cup of tea that to stop doing that now would make this feel too much like a diet. I tend to go for small chocolates or cereal bars (<150 calories) or 2 biscuits (<100) or a bit of dark chocolate etc. I still make sure that I'm within my calorie limit and I try to eat as healthy as I can throughout the rest of the day. It works for me so I don't see why it shouldn't work for anyone else.
  • angelicasmommy
    angelicasmommy Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    This week I've been eating a cup of ice cream every night. I love it, makes me feel like I'm not depriving myself, and I am still losing and feel great.
  • hikeout470
    Options

Just fitting in. after all it is all about "if you are like me I will like you", so I am now going to act like you, it really is because i so care what you think about me.
  • bonini8017
    Options
    It's ok to eat junk food,but you should account for the calories of junk you eat. But if you do just eat junk all the time even if you lose the weight, you will likely gain heart problems,diabetes and whatever other types of disease you can get from eating only none healthy foods. So I say moderation is the key. If you read the guy that ate only twinkies and donuts and lost weight,yeah, for sure it works, but he only did it for a short period of time. But if he did it for years he'll most likely get health problems.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Look, losing weight is all about calorie deficit. More going out than coming in. Period.

Now, if you are concerned about overall health, then you need to take what you eat and exercise into consideration.

But for weight loss alone, more calories going out than coming in. It's really not any more complicated than that.
  • Webona293
    Webona293 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes you can eat junk food and lose weight but you'd be severely limiting your food choices. It doesn't matter what kind of calories you get if you have a calorie deficit you will lose weight. But if you choose junk food you will be wasting large amounts of calories on small items. Here is the link for the "twinkie diet" if you don't believe me.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08/twinkie.diet.professor/index.html
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I think my idea of "junk food" has radically changed. I used to think that all high calorie, sugar or fat laden food was "junk." But now I see it much differently. Food is junk to me if it is highly processed, full of chemicals that aren't good for my body and devoid of nutrition. I have a few glasses of good red wine every week: not junk. I eat high quality dark chocolate every day: not junk. I eat homemade treats made with real food ingredients: cake, pie, pizza, etc.: not junk.

I do select those specialty items in moderation and make sure they fit into my daily/weekly calorie goals, but they are an important part of my lifestyle satisfaction.

But I do not subscribe to "all things in moderation." Some food products are either so empty of nutrition or so full of chemicals as to be unworthy of being part of my food choices. Or they are so addictive to me that I'm better off avoiding them altogether.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Junk food isn't junk because it makes you fat-it is food that is calorically dense with little nutritional value. Basically, cheeseburgers aren't unhealthy, but they are a load of calories, fat, cholesterol, and sodium in a small meal. You can eat junk every now and then as long as you count the calories and adjust for your daily intake. I.E., if you have a cheeseburger/chips/pop/cookies whatever, know how many calories you are eating and be prepared to eat less of other foods that day or exercise more to make up for it. Also, personally things with lots of sugar make me lose self-control, so I avoid junk food in that respect.
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options

Just fitting in. after all it is all about "if you are like me I will like you", so I am now going to act like you, it really is because i so care what you think about me.

Seriously can't let it go?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Umm i don't believe its only about the calories. Because some people cant lose weight when they eat to much carbs or their eating to much fat or whatever it is they just stay the same i guess its possible but it Wont last.

What is your definition of "to much"?

Also, I guess my ticker is broken.....there's no way I lost 44lbs eating healthy food plus some junk right?