Anyone training for the Danskin triathlon in 2013?

Options
I did the one this past August and LOVED it. I had trained for nearly 8 months for it and did pretty well. My goal for the 2013 tri is to train for 9 months and shave off 10 minutes off my time.

I'm starting my training on December 1st for the Danskin Tri at Pleasant Prairie. I'd love to talk training tips, preparation as we get closer to it. So if you're doing it, let me know and I could set up a group or something.

Replies

• kometsmom
    kometsmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am training for the August Danskin in Pleasant Prairie WI. I have a lot of weight to lose on top of training. If you have any tips, tricks, suggestions, or want to swap some motivation let me know. I have hired a trainer who I am seeing right now once every 6 weeks and it will increase after the first of the year. I head to the gym at least 6 days a week at this point. Anyway -- chat back!
  • kometsmom
    kometsmom Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    So -- you are a local too!
  • Dreamrsmom
    Options
    I participated in the Seattle, WA Danskin Tri. I trained every morning for six months. I live in Las Vegas, so I had to get up at 5:30am to train, before the sun came up and it became to hot to be outdoors. Some days, I biked, ran and then swam. It was great to be training, but I didn't lose much weight. I'd like to chat with those of you that plan to train for your tri. I want to movitvate and I need motivation. I'm saving my pennies to purchase a road bike in the Spring. I rode my tri on a mountain bike, with commuter tires. My bike weighed about 45 lbs. I'm probably going to purchase a Scott road bike. The bike alone should shave ten minutes off my event. LOL
    Anyway, I'd like to chat and track training with other women that are going to do their tri.